Hi,

I bought an adapter for my 8820 to work with standard 3.5'' headphones. This adapter goes into the Blackberry's 2.5'' headphone / headset jack and then the 3.5'' headphones go into the adapter.

Now, my problem is that I don't get any sound from these headphones. If I connect the adapter and headphones and then play an MP3 with the BB Media application, I get three choices in the menu: "Activate Spearkerphone", "Activate Handset" and "Activate Headset", but none of them activates the headphones. Also, Voice Dialing comes up when I connect them. So the headphones obviously are recognized by the device, but I just get no sound.

The only thing I CAN hear is the scrollbar clicking. Misteriously, this comes through the headphones, although this won't happen with an original BB headset (mine is broken, that's why I bought this adapter).

Can anyone please help me with this? The headphones should be okay, too (I use those of my iPod which I'm sure aren't broken, but also tried different ones).

Argh, this is frustrating, I was so looking forward to using my BB as my MP3 player again after my headset broke ...
    Last edited by el_sheepo; 03-18-09 at 06:34 AM.
    03-18-09 06:23 AM
    I'm not sure what's wrong, but are you sure you're using the correct 2.5 adapter? (A standard 2.5 to 3.5 adapter won't work even though it fits in the 8820, etc.; you need to use one that's specifically designed for the BB 8820.) The standard ones, like from Radio Shack, eBay, etc. won't work.

This one worked for me:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=XZOvrwFl

By the way, the 8820 works great as an mp3 player. It's all I ever use....
    03-18-09 09:53 AM
    I'm not sure what's wrong, but are you sure you're using the correct 2.5 adapter? (A standard 2.5 to 3.5 adapter won't work even though it fits in the 8820, etc.; you need to use one that's specifically designed for the BB 8820.) The standard ones, like from Radio Shack, eBay, etc. won't work.

This one worked for me:
    -

By the way, the 8820 works great as an mp3 player. It's all I ever use....
    Okay, so I know what's wrong now - I bought this one from eBay indeed and it doesn't appear to be a special BB adapter. As it seems, I got the wrong one . But thanks anyway for the clarification, at least I know why it didn't work!
    03-18-09 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD