I use my 8820 in my aircraft on occasion, and I have a jack on the panel to plug it into the intercom system. This worked with my old blackberry just fine, but it doesn't seem to work with the 8820. I plug in the patch cord, and the speaker on the phone keeps working, with no output to the intercom. When I plug in a regular earbud type headset, it works fine. Any ideas?
    09-21-09 02:15 PM
    If you look at the end of your headphone you will see the plug is different from others in it has 4 sections. This is to allow for the use of the microphone along with the stereo output. You must get an adapter to allow the BB output to work with a standard headset of input to your console. they can be obtained for about $10.00 at the crackberry store. This will solve you problem and allow it to be heard in your aircraft intercom system. Get two incase one gets lost.
    09-22-09 06:41 PM
    I'll try that, although this cord worked fine with my previous blackberry, and the headset plug on the handsfree headset that came with the 8820 is only a 3 connector. I don't need the stereo (my headsets are mono anyway), but I need the mike to work.
    09-23-09 11:11 AM
    Then I am not sure the adapter will work for you. It is used to adapt from the 8820 jack to a standard stereo plug for use with headphones. Maybe some one else with more knowledge could help with this one.
    09-24-09 07:55 AM
    I think that it's an impedance thing. It seems like it only switches to the headset if the impedance across the jack matches about what a speaker (or mike) should. It's funny, because my friend's iphone works, and my old blackberry worked.
    09-25-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD