Something weird. I just purchased an adapter for my headphone jack (2.5 mm to 3.5 mm) I plugged in the adapter and my headphones and the voice dailing feature began to initialize. I cancel it and go to listen to some music. I can hear the clicks from using the trackball but when I start the music it doesn't play in the headphones. It plays in the speakerphone. Tried to clean the jack with wd-40 on jack and insert into hole, no change. Pulled battery, restarted phone, no change, Any ideas????
    01-20-09 09:09 PM
    I think this may be RIM trying to be helpful b/c it happens with my device via bluetooth and/or wired headset. Kind of like 'they are using a headset, they must want to make a call...'
    01-22-09 01:04 PM
    I think I may have figured it out. The headphones I was using were just regular headphones. I used a headphone with a mic attached and the device worked fine. It didn't bring up anything, it just worked. I wonder if there is a bug there that if you dont use a combo speaker/mic headset it doesn't work too well.
    01-23-09 06:50 AM
    My 8800 does the same thing with my nokia 6131 headphones(with mic) and now all of a sudden it won't work with them at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 09:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD