Hi all! Something is going on with the connection when I plug the charger into the side of my phone. I have play with it, and sit it just right in order for it to charge. Any suggestions on what will cure or at lest fix this?
    12-22-09 11:14 AM
    I've read this is a huge problem with the 8830. I've had 3 in the last 3-4 years (not sure how long, but I bought my first one within a week of Sprint releasing it). All 3 that I've had have had this problem, including the current one I have which is only 5 months old (warranty replacement).

I would highly recommend getting the desktop charger that charges the handset via the gold plates on the side of the phone, below the convenience button. In my research where I am in the SF Bay area, the cost to fix the charging port ranges from $70-$100, so use the desktop charger to charge it and the port only for your syncing/back-up to your PC.

Wish Sprint had done a recall or done a free fix or something. Ridiculous how many of these charging ports are becoming loose or breaking all together.

Also, for the the desktop charger, Amazon is your best bet. I just bought a second one (brand new) for under $60 to use at work. Charges an extra battery in the back too! I believe the "real" name is the Blackberry Desktop cradle charging station".

Hope that helps! Best to you during this holiday season!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 12:00 PM
    Im also having problems with the same phone not charging however mine is showing the charger attached but not charging...any clues?
    12-22-09 05:34 PM
    I have a spare 8830 for parts. Can anything be swapped from this one to my current one to fix the charging issue?
    12-28-09 08:26 AM
    I have a spare 8830 for parts. Can anything be swapped from this one to my current one to fix the charging issue?
    ???
    01-02-10 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD