New user and have been lurking a couple of days. Have seen all complaints about ringer volume and the suggested fixes. I am almost deaf in one ear so I need a fix for this. My question is how to get the new/modified ring tones into my BB? I don't have a media card, can't see how to do it from desktop software. So, would appreciate instructions.
    10-18-07 08:08 PM
    The way I did it was to download the ring tones to my computer. Then open desktop manager. Attach the BB. Open Media manager and use it just like windows explorer. Select the tones (in the file you downloaded them to) you want to transfer and select the device and location to copy them to. You'll want to copy them to your ring tones on your device. Give it a try. If you need it more step by step let me know and I'll get the directions for you. Sorry I can't do it now. But this might help. Good luck.
    10-19-07 07:59 PM
    Select the tones (in the file you downloaded them to) you want to transfer and select the device and location to copy them to. You'll want to copy them to your ring tones on your device.
    This is the part I need STEP by STEP please.
    I opened the media files from my BB and put my ringtone I made into a file I could find. I found that file. Now Roxio tells me in the Media Manager that my iTunes songs are NOT media? WTF? Then I click the Filter for Media Types button and specify AUDIO files and it says I have NONE in the files I am trying to open. They are ALL music/audio files as they are all iTunes. WTF? How can I transfer my ringtones or ANY music with this Roxio crap?
    Last edited by lindatesaramimoto; 11-17-07 at 02:56 PM.
    11-17-07 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD