I've searched a bunch of threads and so far haven't seen anyone post the following:

From time to time, for no apparent reason, my callerID displays the incorrect caller when the call comes in I'm sure I'm not the only one who has different 'ways' of verbally answering inbound calls (professionally vs. personally) and so far it hasn't been an issue but I'm just waiting for the day I answer a call which I think is personal and it ends up getting me in trouble.

This happen to anyone else? I have ~100 contacts stored, most with multiple ph#s and email addresses...not that that should cause the issue.
    12-21-07 12:24 PM
    That's a new one. Have never had that happen, yet anyway.

BgDM
    12-21-07 01:44 PM
    Tried a battery pull, and see if it happens after that...
    12-21-07 02:24 PM
    Check your contacts and make sure you have the correct numbers entered for them
    12-21-07 06:49 PM
    did this only happen once? or does it happen everytime?
    12-22-07 08:35 AM
    Tried a battery pull, and see if it happens after that...
    No real need to do a battery pull since the incorrectly displayed contact info doesn't really affect the use of the phone. It's more of just a nuisance issue.
    12-22-07 09:36 AM
    Check your contacts and make sure you have the correct numbers entered for them
    Way ahead of you. All are correct.
    12-22-07 09:36 AM
    did this only happen once? or does it happen everytime?
    Neither. It happens randomly and has probably only happened 3x since I got the phone in June. It just happened the other day which caused me to finally post something to see if others had similar experiences.
    12-22-07 09:38 AM
    Are there any similarities between the 2 contacts that are being referenced? Is it always he same contacts? Is there a pattern? Do you have the latest OS update installed?
    12-22-07 11:10 AM
    Are there any similarities between the 2 contacts that are being referenced? Is it always he same contacts? Is there a pattern? Do you have the latest OS update installed?
    Completely random as far as I can tell. Each of the 3x it's happened, the person actually calling and the person displayed as calling have had no similarities as far as ph# are concerned. I have yet to install the latest OS. Don't know where to get it or how to push it to my phone. Not even sure I have the right cable to connect it to my PC unless one came with the phone and is still in the box.
    12-23-07 07:55 AM
    i have had the exact same thing happen, even with another twist. the call came through and shows the callers name but a different number underneath and thats how i knew something was funny. so i didnt answer, let it go to voicemail. i then checked my call log(missed calls), the call log showed a completley different name(it too was wrong) and the number that had called...... i just waited for them to leave a voicemail. the funny thing is that it only happened once, i never did anything to try and correct it. it just never happened again(that i know of) so i left it alone.

the number that called was a stored contact and so were the other 2 wrong names that it showed me..... i have no clue how it happened but my phone fixed itsself. at that time i was on my 7100i
    12-23-07 09:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD