Going Overseas in September to Italy,Turkey, Greece on a cruise ship. I have Verzion Wireless. What do I need to know about how they are going to charge me for all my services I have.

I currently own the BB 8830 WE. Thanks in advance.
    06-16-09 05:21 PM
    Global Phone

Gives you every country. Apparently its just for voice.

GlobalEmail is your data source. Looks like 20 bucks per mb ? I would probably add an internation plan for a month or so just so you don't get huge charges.
    Last edited by tdawg2008; 06-16-09 at 06:09 PM.
    06-16-09 06:05 PM
    Ask them to add the Global Email(69.99) and Global Value Pack(4.99) and you should be good to go. They will prorate the charges from the date you leave till when you arrive back in the US, so you actually will save some money by doing that. The global value pack on land will reduce your calls to a dollar a minute. I used my phone(Blackberry Storm at the time) in all three countries recently and it worked fine.
    06-16-09 06:29 PM
    Make sure your sim card is recognized by the phone (options>advanced options> SIM card) and by verizon before you go...7 different verizon customer service people said mine was good to go the 8th told me it was not. The 8th one was right. The verizon sales clerk had installed the card backwards (so it was active, but not recognized by the phone)...LOL If you are trying to save money and have a computer or laptop, get skype for you and the folks you talk to daily...then it is all free!
    06-16-09 06:36 PM
    Heh! My wife was looking at a similar cruise. Thanks for the info, guys!
    06-18-09 09:06 AM
    I am posting from the Dolomites right now. Only used the phone once and connection superb

I seem to lose bis and have to reboot to get it back. Might be due to poor data reception or losing it and then not regaining it. Vodaphone Italy.

Hopefully billing will be what I expected

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

06-20-09 12:03 PM
    Another option to rebooting is go to Manage Connections. You can turn them off, wait a bit, and turn them back on again. Another idea is to go to Manual instead of Automatic and then select the carrier you want.

06-20-09 06:49 PM
    I thought I tried ManageConnections on/off but will try it again. Happened more often in the mountains.

Funny, yesterday heading back in Austria to pick up friend's wife, got two courtesy emails on how to dial US or local phone calls and the free help global number. Did not get similar leaving Germany into Austria.

Still have not really used phone but lots of data, particularly Weather

06-24-09 04:38 AM
    Funny, yesterday heading back in Austria to pick up friend's wife, got two courtesy emails on how to dial US or local phone calls and the free help global number. Did not get similar leaving Germany into Austria.
    You get that when the phone automatically switches from one carrier to another. Since you only got it one-way, it may have been because you went a different route back? Just guessing.
    06-24-09 06:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD