I'm new with the blackberry 8800. i just bought it on craigslist and at the same time i purchased the media net unlimited. but when i click on the browser, it said "Your device does not currently have any Broswer Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device"

i was browsing around the forums and seen a few threads with that, and said to do the following:
    Options < Advanced Options < Host Routing Table < 'menu' Register Now
    i did that but still not working, and also when im on the HRT Editor, theres nothing on there (*No Entries*)

what am i suppose to do? i thought getting the media net unlimited would let me go online???? please correct me if im wrong. or tell me how i can fix this. am i suppose to activate Enterprise??? very clueless here. please help out. much appreciated.
    07-23-08 10:18 PM
    Media net is different than a data plan, which is necessary to browse the internet on your blackberry. You simply need to get a data plan through your carrier.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 10:20 PM
    Yep no data plan=no browsing

07-23-08 10:21 PM
    are you from the bay? I can tell by your screen name. Call AT&T and make sure you have the right plan. Then resend your service books.
    07-23-08 10:22 PM
    haha yes i am from the bay.

all i did when i got this blackberry 8800 was basically swapped in my SIM card. and when youre saying "right plan" do you mean the BlackBerry service plan? because THAT i did not get...
    07-23-08 10:28 PM
    You'll need to add the Blackberry Internet Service plan (BIS) to your current AT&T plan. Then you'll be all set to surf, email and use Blackberry Messenger.
    07-23-08 10:31 PM
    Yep - the BB Service plan. Once you add that you'll be ready to get on the net.
    07-23-08 10:32 PM
    Yeah you need to call and get the blackberry personal data plan to be able to get on the internet. Att plans are 30 dollars.

07-23-08 10:34 PM
    HAHAHA omg i feel like a total *****!!!!!! i just wasted money for the damn media net unlimited for nothing! how sad.

please inform a newbie. what IS media net for? is it even needed?

also, i don't even see the browser or the media net applications on my phone, even when i checked 'Show All'. but the browser application IS in my phone when i go to Advanced Options < Applications. why is that? is it because i don't have the BIS plan? and when i do get the BIS plan, will the browser/media net applications show up again?

sorry if i sound ********. :P
    07-23-08 10:47 PM
    HAHAHA omg i feel like a total *****!!!!!! i just wasted money for the damn media net unlimited for nothing! how sad.

please inform a newbie. what IS media net for? is it even needed?

also, i don't even see the browser or the media net applications on my phone, even when i checked 'Show All'. but the browser application IS in my phone when i go to Advanced Options < Applications. why is that? is it because i don't have the BIS plan? and when i do get the BIS plan, will the browser/media net applications show up again?

sorry if i sound ********. :P
    Yep, it will show up once they add your BB Plan on. Call AT&T and they'll fix it for you and will only charge you for the couple of days you were on the MediaNet.

You're not ********, just thizzed out! LOL!
    07-23-08 11:22 PM
    You don't see the browser icon because you don't have a data plan. Media net is for regular mobile phones. And if you kindly tell your carrier you made a mistake, they should credit you seeing as you haven't used it.

07-23-08 11:23 PM
    LOL miss michelle. you're thizzed out! =P but thank you thank you everyone for the quick-style replies.

is there a program where I can manage/config my numbers through the computer while connecting my BB through a USB?
    07-23-08 11:33 PM
    Blackberry Desktop Manager BlackBerry
    07-23-08 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD