I am a new blackberry user with my purchase coming two weeks ago. I have my gmail messages coming to my blackberry and it is great except for the fact that my messages don't sync with my gmail account once I already have them on the device. Example: I receive 20 emails through gmail that show up on my blackberry..i delete 10 through gmail but i still show 20 new messages on my blackberry. Any way to sync gmail messages with your blackberry?
    10-30-07 10:09 PM
    IMAP for Gmail is coming in the next few days. I believe that should solve this problem.
    10-30-07 10:12 PM
    When you log into your Verizon BIS website, for your GMail account, there should be an option to synchronize, no? It was implemented in the BIS 2.3 release a couple of months ago...

I am a new blackberry user with my purchase coming two weeks ago. I have my gmail messages coming to my blackberry and it is great except for the fact that my messages don't sync with my gmail account once I already have them on the device. Example: I receive 20 emails through gmail that show up on my blackberry..i delete 10 through gmail but i still show 20 new messages on my blackberry. Any way to sync gmail messages with your blackberry?
    10-31-07 02:31 AM
    i just found IMAP for google yesterday and it has worked beautifully for me so far

i just wish there was a way to archive from the BB ...
    10-31-07 08:14 AM
    IMAP for Gmail is coming in the next few days. I believe that should solve this problem.
    I recently purchased a BB Curve 8310. I am having the same challenge as user davbet27 previously described - messages that are opened, archived, or deleted on Gmail (via desktop computer) still show as unread on the handheld device. Where do I go to setup IMAP so changes made in either place are reflected in the other?
    03-04-09 02:35 PM
    I recently purchased a BB Curve 8310. I am having the same challenge as user davbet27 previously described - messages that are opened, archived, or deleted on Gmail (via desktop computer) still show as unread on the handheld device. Where do I go to setup IMAP so changes made in either place are reflected in the other?
    Copied from google setup page:

To configure IMAP access for your BlackBerry, just follow these steps:

Enable IMAP in your Gmail settings.
    From your BlackBerry home screen, select the BlackBerry Set-up icon, then choose Personal Email Set-up. (On older devices, just look for the Personal Email Set-up icon.)
    Select Personal Email Set-up.
    Accept Terms and Conditions.
    On the 'Email Account Set-up' page, enter your full email address (including '@gmail.com' or '@your_domain.com') but leave the 'Password:' field blank. Select Next.
    You'll see a screen that says 'We were unable to configure [username@gmail.com].' Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
    Select Internet Service Provider Email (POP/IMAP), then Next.
    Select I will provide the settings to add this email account, then Next.
    You'll see 'The BlackBerry Internet Service could not configure [username@gmail.com] email account.' Select Provide The Settings to continue.
    In the 'User name:' field, enter your full email address (including '@gmail.com'). Google Apps users, please enter your full email address at your domain. Then enter your password in the 'Password:' field.
    In the 'Email server:' field, enter 'imap.gmail.com,' then select Next. Google Apps users should enter the server name provided; don't add your domain name in this step.
    If IMAP access was successfully configured, select OK.
    Below your newly added Gmail address, select Edit.
    Select Advanced Settings at the bottom.
    Make sure the port is set to '993' and 'Use SSL' is set to 'Yes.'
    Select Save.
    There should now be a new mailbox icon on your BlackBerry home screen labeled with your Gmail address. Once you see this icon, follow these steps to ensure proper configuration:

Open the mailbox icon.
    Open the menu by pressing the jog wheel or BlackBerry menu button, then select Options.
    Select Email Reconciliation.
    Confirm the following settings:
    Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld
    Wireless Reconcile: On
    On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins
    Select Save.
    Check our recommended client settings, and adjust your client's settings as needed.
    03-04-09 05:16 PM
    Great thread! Thank you!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 06:09 PM
    When you set up IMAP access does that "fix" the issue of gmail sending you a copy of each message you send or reply to via your gmail account on your bb? For right now I have a filter that auto deletes any message sent from my gmail, so I don't get a copy sent to my bb. Of course my messages are also in the trash on my desktop gmail account so not very handly. But I hate getting my own messages delivered to my bb.

Last edited by kwilson8cinci; 03-04-09 at 08:57 PM.
    03-04-09 06:31 PM
    When you set up IMAP access does that "fix" the issue of gmail sending you a copy of each message you send or reply to via your gmail account on your bb? For right now I have a filter that auto deletes any message sent from my gmail, so I don't get a copy sent to my bb. Of course my messages are also in the trash on my desktop gmail account so not very handly. But I hate getting my own messages delivered to my bb.

It did for me.
    03-04-09 10:35 PM
    hi. i hope you can help me. if i'm in the wrong thread, just let me know. i have a BB curve 8310. i have my gmail account setup on it. for some f'n reason, my emails sometimes take hours & hours to show up in my gmail on my phone - but not in my gmail acct on the computer. i've been to AT&T & to the "service center" AT&T sent me to which was a gigantic waste of time. i'm sooo sick of this issue. it comes & goes & it's back again. any suggestions?
    03-04-09 10:56 PM
    it's also taking quite a while to respond to my commands. when i move the trackball, it doesn't actually move for several seconds & then when it finally does, it goes all the way across the screen. help!!!
    03-04-09 10:58 PM
    New os upgrade??

03-05-09 04:48 AM
    it's also taking quite a while to respond to my commands. when i move the trackball, it doesn't actually move for several seconds & then when it finally does, it goes all the way across the screen. help!!!
    Where is your free file memory at? It should be over 12000000 bytes. If you need to know where to find that number it is under options>status. Anything lower and the phones tend to be unresponsive.
    03-05-09 10:30 AM
    It did for me.
    It fixed mine also!! thanks
    03-05-09 10:40 AM
    I found an article that show you step by step how to sync Syncing Gmail with Your Blackberry .

3w.blackberrysync.us/42,sync-gmail-with-your-blackberry-just-9-steps.html

May be there are some errors when you first syncing Gmail with iphone. Hope this article will be helpful to you.
    11-27-09 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD