Does anyone else have trouble trying to open their gmail using the gmail icon. We are a two 8830 fmaily and both of us have the same problem. When we press the icon for the gmail, nothing will happen and the BB will lock up for a few seconds. After trying several times to open it it will suddenly work and I can see my gmail. The next time I try to open it, the BB will lock up and nothing will happen for several seconds again till I can finally move the cursor again.
    08-30-07 08:46 PM
    mine works fine. i LOVE it!!! have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?
    08-30-07 09:33 PM
    Or, the good ole battery pull...
    08-30-07 10:32 PM
    I have the same problem. I think i've gotten around it by quitting the application after i'm done looking at the email. And give it a minute before opening it again. Thats what has worked for me.
    08-30-07 11:05 PM
    A battery pull fixed it but then it went right back to not loading again as soon as I exited. Happens on my other 8830 also. Got to be a bug!
    08-31-07 06:23 AM
    When closing it, do you press the ESC, or do you do menu / close?
    I wonder if that makes a difference. Also, isn't there an option in there that allows it to run inthe background? I personally don't use it, I just add GMail as one of my 10 choices of email accounts. Plus, the email is instant, so why use the 'software'...
    08-31-07 07:47 AM
    yes their is a option to have it preload the messages,which may help in this situation...if you manage to get into the application, press menu key, go to more, then settings and make the adjustments..and just a point to make navilyn regarding the ''why use 'software', some people do not have BB data plans, such as my self, in instances like this using the GMail mobile is an alternate method to enjoy a crackberry
    08-31-07 08:02 AM
    The gmail app is instant as well. ...and it keeps my personal work email nicely seperated from my personal email.

maybe the app works better if you've done the version update...
    08-31-07 10:32 AM
    If I exit out it works fine but if I just escape it locks up. Looking at gmail this way is alot easier on the eyes plus it works just like gmail on my desktop so if I want to mark something as spam or star it I can and the change will be on my desktop later. Try it you will like it. I use it both ways as part of my regular mail but also as a way to look at certain emails that have attachments etc. Much easier.
    08-31-07 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD