Ok so I bought my wife a VZW 8830WE for christmas. I got it online and activated it w/ Alltel and didn't have any problems. We knew that we wouldn't have access to the email or internet features because we were still on the normal phone plan but we didn't really care. So last month Alltel "audited" us and started charging us for the BB plan. So I called them and said if we have to be on the BB plan then we want the Internet and Email features. They said ok and "activated" the stuff, they said to give it 72 hours and it would work. Well we waited and waited... now a week later still no internet...
    I went to an Alltel store today and they couldn't help me since it was a Verizon phone. They said to wait until Alltel completely changed over to Verizon and it would work then. Well maybe I don't want to spend the next 2 months paying for features I can't use... am I screwed here or is there another way to get these features working?

tl;dr - I have a VZW phone on an Alltel network and I want to make the internet work, Alltel won't help me - can it be done?
    02-16-09 12:18 PM
    My question is why didn't you just get an Alltel branded BB?
    02-16-09 04:28 PM
    Scratch the branding off of the phone and retry a different store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 09:57 PM
    Scratch the branding off of the phone and retry a different store.

Can't they tell by the ESN what company the phone was made for?

02-16-09 11:15 PM
    Can't they tell by the ESN what company the phone was made for?

The short answer is yes.

02-17-09 05:30 AM
    The short answer is yes.

when you go to a VZW Corp Store (not a Auth. Reseller) what does there Tech Support tell you?
    02-17-09 10:03 AM
    I'm not the OP. All I as saying was the ESN is in a particular carrier's database.

02-17-09 10:12 AM
    Have You Checked To See If You Have Blackberry Personal On That Particualar Phone Number. Through Alltel You Have To Make Sure That Blackberry Software Is On Your Account...if You Want You Can Pm Me Your Phone Number And I Will Check To See If The Appropriate Internet Software Is Applied To Your Account....

Also Doesnt It Stand To Reason That If They Audited Your Account And Found That You Have A Blackberry That It Would Work On Your Account With All Features....
    02-17-09 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD