I cannot get a single video (even existing Mpeg4's) on my device for the life of me. I try and drag a file into the provided Roxio software, then to my card, but it will not convert or play. I am absolutely terrible with this area of the software. PLEASE help, should anyone have a cure for my stupidity. Thanks!
    01-27-08 09:34 PM
    go to Bla1ze's site to make sure that you are working with a video format that the 8830 can handle and that is optimized for the 8830:
    videos4blackberry.info | Some Video Love For You All!! | Blackberry, Click, Download, Compatible, Full

download ("save as") a video to your computer's hard drive.

while that is happening, go to "Options" from the 8830 home screen and then select "Media Card"
    once there, verify the following settings:
    Media Card Support: ON
    Encryption Mode: NONE
    Mass Storage Mode Support: ON
    Auto Enable Mass Storage Support When Connected: YES
    also verify that your 8830 is reading your media card by looking at:
    Total Space:
    Free Space:
    Save the changes and go back to the 8830 home screen

connect the 8830 to the computer with the USB cable.

go to "My Computer" and you should see "External Drive" or USB drive or something like that - this is your 8830's media card.

Open this up and navigate the video folder.

Drag and drop the video you previously downloaded to your computer's hard drive onto the video folder.

Let the file transfer.

Use windows to properly disconnect the 8830's media card.

Give the 8830 a 5 minute break to properly register/index the video you just transferred.

Open up "Media" application from 8830 home screen

Scroll to "Videos" then "All Videos" and you should see the video.

this method will work the same for mp3 files, just frop them into the "Music" folder on the media card.

hope this helps...basically by enabling and using mass storage mode, you can bypass the lame Roxio Media Manager and simply transfer the files.

the only reason to use the Roxio is if you want to adjust the file while transferring it, but as long as you stick with Bla1ze's wesbite, the videos are already optimized for playback on the 8830. . .and mp3 format is already optimal, so again, there's no point to using Roxio.

if this doesn't work for you, then search the forums - there are plenty of posts on how to get media onto the 8830.
    01-29-08 04:07 PM
    Great post natebear, I appreciate the support/plugs as well lol.
    01-29-08 04:20 PM
    Brilliant, Natebear!! Thank you!!
    01-29-08 04:34 PM
    my apologies i forgot to mention its the videos 4 blackberry site
    02-20-08 04:11 PM
    hmm my first post didnt go thru it dont look like im getting error when i transfer the video unto my media card for my 8130 i have 4.3 os i get media not suporrted error tyvm!!!
    02-20-08 04:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD