I've got a Blackberry 8820 from Orange UK that I've taken to Germany, and signed a contract with O2. It's unlocked and works, except for the fact I can't get it into GPRS mode. I was able to install Opera on it using wi-fi, and I can use it over data and everything, but something is sticking my phone from moving into the GPRS mode, which keeps me from configuring certain features and functions. O2 made me wipe the phone to factory default, and it STILL DOESN'T make the switch! I can't use my stock trading application, because it will not function when it is set to "Hotspot browser" and it only will configure to "Hotspot browser" until it is in GPRS mode!
    01-17-09 06:43 AM
    Greetings and welcome to CB! Try resending the service books. Also, I would also suggest that if your are on a BES, you may need to talk to the team that manages your firewall and web filtering software (eg. surf control, web sense, etc may be blocking the access the software needs) I see you have already gotten the same response in a different forum. Good Luck!
    01-18-09 03:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD