I am going to Germany for a week in July. I want voice and data coverage. Anyone have any experience? What is it going to cost me?
    04-13-08 12:58 PM
    I just got back from 2 1/2 weeks in Germany (Frankfurt and Berlin). You need to sign up for the Global BB plan $64.99 per month. Gives you unlimited data and email access. Voice is expensive at $1.29 per minute. Only sign up for the international plan right before you go and switch back when you return. That way you only pay the higher price while you are gone. Coverage is excellent with virtually no dead spots. Email and IM is very quick and web browsing is only a little slower. Overall, not a bad experience. The best group at Verizon to deal with is the Global Support Team. I don't have their number handy, but a quick search here will find it. They overnighted the SIM card to me - no cost for the card or the shipping. They also unlocked the phone for me in case I wanted to get a local SIM card for cheaper calling rates. Only problem with a local SIM card is that your data and email are unavailable. You would have to switch back and forth which requires battery removal each time. I just stuck with the Verizon SIM. Great service, no problems at all, and excellent customer service from the Global Support people. Have a great trip!
    04-13-08 01:10 PM
    Thank you, very much.
    04-14-08 09:27 AM
    check out callineurope, they're US based. I'm going to Italy, France and Spain. They are very helpful with a live chat and phone help. Cost is on time $29.00 charge plus $12.00 shipping for the SIM., emails are $.50 a day plus $15.00 per megabyte(roughly a 100 emails?). outgoing calls are $.69 min. vs. $1.29 w/ Verizon (47% savings)
    04-15-08 01:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD