Hey guys,

I was hoping someone can help me with a problem I am experiencing with my blackberry.

I have a blackberry 8830 WE. I have had it for several months now with no issues. It was purchased at a Verison store. The other day when I woke up I noticed my keyboard stopped working, my on/off switch stopped working and the application select on my mouse.

My phone still rings when calls or emails are coming in but I cannot answer them or select applications. My lock is not on. My mouse still works but will not select applications. I cannnot power my phone on or off by using the power button. I tried taking out my battery several times (even for 8 hours one time) and it will reboot, go through the security check and go right back to the same condition.

I did not get any water on it. The only thing that happened that I can think of is my battery died the other day while I was using it. I then plugged it in all night to regain its charge. When I woke up and tried to use it, this was the condition it was in.

Does anyone know what the issue could be, how it fix it, or just a different way to try and reboot the system? Any help would be appriciated.

Thank you
    07-29-08 09:12 AM
    I had the same issue but I did a battery pull qnd it has never happenes since.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-08 08:05 PM
    It happens to me about once a month. You can prevent this by just doing a weekly battery pull.
    08-05-08 08:13 PM
    Same thing has happened to me with my 8900!
    09-03-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD