I realize that this is mostly wishful thinking, but do you think there's anyway to change the blue keyboard backlight to something readable like white or a more muted neutral color so that one might actually be able to recognize the keys as one types?

Love the device, but the blue really sucks.
    07-11-07 09:56 PM
    What happens if you change the theme, is it more readable then?
    07-12-07 04:48 AM
    Themes just change the look of the screen from what I can tell (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). If the blue is a hardware thing, we're screwed. If it's a software thing, change is possible. I'm hoping some smart software writer might figure this one out.
    07-12-07 07:06 AM
    i agree...blue does not contrast enough w the silvers keys....if there were a way to turn the blue light off...it would easier to read than when it lights up...unless you are actually in the dark.
    07-12-07 08:05 AM
    What about changing the backlight settings, i.e. brightness? Would that help? I don't have that device, so am guessing here...

Options / screen & keyboard...
    07-12-07 08:08 AM
    I guess I must be one of the few who doesn't have a problem with this color. To tell you the truth I haven't even noticed it.
    07-12-07 09:14 AM
    Yeah, I don't have a problem with it either.
    07-12-07 10:32 AM
    From my experience, blue back lighting is harder to read. I love the white light on my 7250.
    07-12-07 11:36 AM
    I am doing a blackberry pilot at my company. Currently we have 150 8830's. All of the pilot users have mentioned the keyboard backlight as being a problem. What's funny is, is that it is harder to read in the dark.

Anyways, there currently is no way to change the brightness or color of the keyboard backlight. The only settings to tweak in the backlight/keyboard menu is for the screen backlight brightness.

Changing themes does not work either. I guess my pilot users will just have to deal with it.

I am hoping for an O.S. update that offers the ability to change the keyboard backlight, but I doubt it will come out, my guess it is a hardware inablility.
    07-12-07 11:52 AM
    One of the first thinks I decided I did not like about the 8830 was the insane blue back light on the keys. The keys are hard enough to use and the back light makes it much harder to see what is on the keys. In mixed light it is almost impossible to read the keys. The only good viewing conditions with the back light is in total darkness.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is something they can fix.
    07-12-07 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD