i am going to greece next week and i have a prepaid sim card that i am planning to use in my blackberry. a few people have told me that BBM still works oversees, i found that hard to believe though. could anyone verify if this is true>?
    07-22-08 06:34 AM
    Blackberry services do not work on prepaid so no BB messenger unfortunately.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 06:46 AM
    Actually, BB services can work in Greece, if you have the right sim card and the bb service added on.
    I know this because my daughter is in France and this is what she has been using for the past 5 weeks.

Charges for Greece are shown on the website for the service we are using: Low-cost Europe cell phones and European SIM cards

She and I have been communicating by her sending emails and PIN messages only, to keep costs down. So far, so good.
    And, the company has offices here in the states, so you could have the sim card overnighted to you, in time to leave.

Just double check that BB service is listed on your invoice. They accidently left if off of ours, and it does take a minimum of 24 hours to set up on the sim card.

And - your phone must be unlocked by the carrier, or the sim card won't work.

Have a fun trip!
    07-22-08 03:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD