Hi all! I've had my Blackberry World Edition for about 3 years and up until October of 09, had no issue with it. Sometime around then, my Blackberry began to delete SMS text messages and BBM conversations at random, while leaving my e-mails untouched. Some research diagnosed the issue as a file free problem.

Though I did not have any applications besides the ones that came with the phone, I deleted them. I deleted extra languages, made sure to close out of programs instead of using the back button, and regularly cleared my browser history and cookies.

When that didn't work, I researched and as a result bought an 8gb memory card to go in my phone, thinking that would help the situation.

When that didn't do anything, I updated the operating system, since another user having trouble with the same issues reported success after doing this. However, in my case, it had only exacerbated the issues I was experiencing with file free memory.

Currently, since the reload, the only applications on my phone besides the default ones are Blackberry App World, and the Dictionary.com app. I've deleted the extra languages and I still have my memory card, but nothing seems to resolve the problem. I will say that I text frequently and that I use BBM daily, but I don't have any videos and maybe 10 pictures on my phone total, with no extra ringtones ect.

Could anyone tell me what I might be doing wrong? Other Blackberry owners I know seem to have no problem with their filefree, and use all their apps and then some without having that effect the stability of their messages.
    09-02-10 07:15 AM
    You haven't mentioned your os version. I had 4.2.2.196 and it was rock solid. Then I loaded 4.5 and filefree would go to 0 in only a few hours. Later I went to a newer version of 4.5 and my filefree problems were history.
    09-03-10 09:20 PM
    I have version 4.5.0.186

I recently updated to this version, and now my BBM's are being deleted within the day. Sigh. I have no clue what's going on.
    09-28-10 12:30 PM
    Are the pictures on the phone memory or the memory card?

Id like to see you back up the phone, wipe it with BBSAK and do a fresh OS re install and see what happens.

Are you also battery pulling everyday?
    09-28-10 12:38 PM
    The pictures were on my phone memory, however, I deleted all but three to see if it helped file free- two are 16 kb, one is 3kb. I have to admit, I was unsure how to move them to my media card, and didn't take the initiative to find a tutorial on it.

I'd be open to wiping the device. I'm beginning to think it may be the only way to get my Blackberry functioning normally again.

I am not doing a daily battery pull. Would this help the issue?
    09-28-10 12:47 PM
    I used to do a daily battery pull on my 8830 just to keep file free above 10mb cuz it runs like crap at anything less. I would wake up, pull the battery and start my morning stuff. By the time I was ready for breakfast it was ready to rock. If you have the ability to, I'd say pick up an 8330 from ebay. I picked up 2 clean ones for $100 over a year ago
    10-08-10 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD