Hello:

I just bought the 8830 World Edition phone.

I have a few questions about the use of the phone.

1.) Themes - There is a BB Dimension Today Theme which one can select. Is there a way to customize this theme? Right now, my screen shows: Messages, Calendar, Call Log, and Applications. Is it possible to add other items like Tasks, Browser, etc? If so, how?

2.) The guide that came with the book mentions that you can add applications to the device. What kind of applications can you add? Is it possible to add a PDF Reader, Excel, Word, etc? If so, is there a special version of these types of software to be loaded? And, if so, where do I get the software and how do I go about loading them?

3.) Desktop Manager and Media Manager. I have photos located on my C: drive in various folders. How do I load photos located on my C: drive within various folders onto the BlackBerry? When I use the Media Manager, I cannot navigate to the folders which have my photos?

Thank you for the help.
    12-22-07 09:31 AM
    fullfocus,

1) Not too sure, but I use the Zen theme and it works great. I just put what I want in the first 5 slots and it works like a charm.

2) Check out handango.com for the software you could possibly want. You can load them through media manager through the applications part.

3) Try putting them onto your desktop and seeing if you can locate them then. If not I'm not sure.

If anyone will correct me please do so. Just trying to help a fellow BB'er out

Sleam
    12-22-07 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD