Hi All, I've been looking through these threads, and haven't found anything so far that has helped me fix a few problems I'm having. I've found relevant threads, but not answers.

I just have a new (old) Blackberry, an 8820. When I got it I first wiped it to remove the former owner's junk, and then started setting it up. I upgraded the OS to v4.5.0.139.

The problems so far:

1) I downloaded a music file, listened to it, and then deleted it. It was under the media>music section. However, I can't find the file anywhere, but the memory it was taking up appears to still be "used." Is there a way I can find the file if it is still on the phone, or fix the problem with the memory?

2) I deleted a couple apps after trying them out, but their icons are still there. Is there a way to delete them, or should I just hide them?

3) Is it possible to completely remove BBChat and Google talk? I tried to remove them, but again, although they are not in the applications list, they are still on the home page, and in the case of BBChat, can still be opened.

4) When I upgraded the OS, the facebook icon disappeared and I wasn't able to open the program. Following some directions online, I deleted it and then tried to reinstall. From the facebook.com page on my blackberry, it says my BB is not compatible. From the Blackberry App world, it says the program is still installed. But it does not show up in the Applications list.

Thanks!
    09-30-11 01:32 PM
    Sounds like you need to refresh the memory by pulling the battery out while the unit is on. Hopefully it solves most of your issues.
    09-30-11 01:40 PM
    Sounds like you need to refresh the memory by pulling the battery out while the unit is on. Hopefully it solves most of your issues.
    Yes, I tried this a couple times...but no luck. The BB still has all of these issues.
    09-30-11 02:06 PM
    Connect to App loader - wipe device - reload OS
    11-13-11 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD