Well I tried to update my 8800 to the latest AT&T supported device software. It hung during the process for what seemed like forever. Finally I rebooted it. Now I have a sad BlackBerry. I get nothing but a circle, square and a triangle. I am so sad right now.

Is there any way to force reload of the OS? I cannot connect to the device via USB in it's current state.

I've done tons of these upgrades on other users' devices with no problems, I'm the BES admin around here. Usually when I have seen this error in the past it was related to brand new 8300s that were DOA on arrival. I just warranty the device. But I had a lot of specialized application setups on this one and I want it back!! I did back it up thankfully but still. I don't think some of the software that I purchased, that is tied to this PIN, will work on a different unit without paying again.

07-24-08 04:54 PM
    07-24-08 04:55 PM
    that worked, thanks. I didn't have to do the bit about putting the battery in though, I just had to start the loader directly from the menu. I removed all my old apps from the install though that didn't require licensing, gmail, gmaps, CB loader, etc, etc.

It's UPPPPPPPPPP!!!!

HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AGAIN!!
    07-24-08 05:32 PM
    always glad to help
    07-24-08 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD