Hey all, Long time reader, first time poster.
    I have a bit of a newbie question, and I feel a little silly asking it.
    I just re-flashed my OS back to 4.2.whatever after being with 4.5.
    I did a backup and everything went fine, however, it didnt copy over my address book.
    I went back afterwards and tried to load only the addressbook database through the advaced section, and the address book database is greyed out and wont let me copy it back. On the bottom it tells me the following
    "Databases that are unavailable in this list have been configured for wireless syncronizationor backup and are read only. You cannot restore or clear them."
    What gives?

thanks all
    10-26-08 10:32 AM
    Hey all, Long time reader, first time poster.
    I have a bit of a newbie question, and I feel a little silly asking it.
    I just re-flashed my OS back to 4.2.whatever after being with 4.5.
    I did a backup and everything went fine, however, it didnt copy over my address book.
    I went back afterwards and tried to load only the addressbook database through the advaced section, and the address book database is greyed out and wont let me copy it back. On the bottom it tells me the following
    "Databases that are unavailable in this list have been configured for wireless syncronizationor backup and are read only. You cannot restore or clear them."
    What gives?

thanks all
    You typically get that message if you are a BES user and attempt to sync using Desktop Manager. This program: ABC Amber BlackBerry Convertor will allow you to view the contents of your backup. It has a free trial. You could use it to see if you address book is present in the backup. It might be possible to restore it as well.
    10-26-08 09:50 PM
    Hmmm. thanks a lot,I appreciate the help. However, im not a BES user, is there anything else that might be causing this issue?
    I will use this software to attempt to restore my addressbook. ill keep you posted.
    Thanks again
    10-27-08 06:25 AM
    In address book go to options and disable wireless sync. then refresh ur device in dm. if this does not work, go to your bis email settings and disable contacts sync for the account listed in options of your address book and this will allow you to restore your dm backup databasde
    10-30-09 04:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD