So recently ive been moving between phones because they have been messing up. my most recent phone has gone kaputzt so i went back to my old blackberry 8800 but since i last used it my father put an update on it and then put in my mothers sim card. since then it has had a message like this : Uncaught exception:java.lang.ClassCastException. and i am unable to click ok to dismiss the message. i do not know what to do or how to restore it. ive tried to call att but they are no help. do yall have any suggestion?
    08-07-08 05:20 PM
    Have you tried removing the battery with the device on and replacing it after 30 seconds?

If not, give that a try and it may clear the error until you trigger it again, but that may give you a clue to what is causing it.

What OS did your dad install on the devcie? Did he install any 3rd party apps that you know of? One of those may be the culprit.
    08-07-08 07:55 PM
    I had that happened when I installed the flashlight app, it was not designed for the OS version that I was using. Each time I tuned on or install new software I would get that error message. If I push the standby button it would go away. Finally I decided to delete the app, no more error message. Go into options, then advanced option, applications. Check and see what version of the OS you are running, look and see if you have any third party apps that have a lower version than the OS. If you do , you can try deleting the apps that are lower in version. That would most like solve your uncaught java exception error ills. It mostly like is something very simple and some app that you can live without. Good Luck!
    08-07-08 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD