Hi,

I am new at this and I have tried all of the fixes that I found on here, pinstack and blackberryforums with not avail. I cannot get ride of the 507 error and when I try the Apploader tells me these two errors.

Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]

and

"Unable to reconnect to the device during a multi-stage load operation"

and I did try both of these links posted earlier many many times

How do I wipe the BlackBerry using Jl Cmder? - BlackBerryFAQ

What to do next if Jl Cmder will not connect and wipe - BlackBerryFAQ

I am using the Desktop version

Desktop Software v4.3 (English)

and the Alltel OS version

8830EFS_PBr4.2.2_rel240_PL3.0.0.64_A4.2.2.123_Allt el

and have also tried

8830EFS_PBr4.2.2_rel353_PL3.0.0.81_A4.2.2.196_Allt el

All directly downloaded from the Blackberry website

PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks
    03-28-08 03:48 PM
    If you're having this much difficulty dealing with 507 then maybe you should just think about getting your carrier to just swap out the phone. It would make it easier on you....
    03-28-08 04:14 PM
    If you're having this much difficulty dealing with 507 then maybe you should just think about getting your carrier to just swap out the phone. It would make it easier on you....
    Thanks, but its not under warranty anymore.
    03-28-08 04:24 PM
    RIM cover their devices under a 1 year warranty. Has it been more than one year?
    03-28-08 04:33 PM
    RIM cover their devices under a 1 year warranty. Has it been more than one year?
    Yeah it has been a little over a year. About a month, that figures. It was given to me by a relative and I was hoping to get it working.
    03-28-08 04:49 PM
    Links below have some info. Error 507 means that the device has been wiped and ready to accept installation of the OS.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...e-help-me.html

The next thread talks about the possibility of having a conflict between the OS version installed and version of desktop manager.

Error upgrading to latest Rogers OS - PinStack.com - BlackBerry forums
    03-28-08 05:26 PM
    I have actually tried both of those. I did not check the languages, not sure if thats what it means or if it means I need to delete something.

Sometimes it will start to load some of the files and then get stuck and go to the error screen. Then when the blackberry comes on it will just have the hourglass that keeps loading and thats it.
    03-28-08 09:08 PM
    I had an instance on mine a while back that caused this when I didn't revert back to a default theme prior to upgrading the OS. (I was using a different carrier theme.) So, when the new OS got loaded the Loader deleted the carrier theme, but kept the setting for the theme chosen. Immediatly threw up this Java error. However, I knew what happened and I simply used javaloader.exe and uploaded the theme file. On reboot the phone came up. What's the chance of this being the case for you? If so, you will need to use javaloader.exe to wipe EVERYTHING on the BB and then reload just the OS.

Also, it's also very possible that you have no BB OS loaded on your PC, that's why Desktop Manager is not loading the OS. How sure are you that you installed it correctly and that DM know's it's available. When all is correct and you run DM and the Application Loader, it instantly tells you to install and OS and it gives you the Wizard to do so.

Another thing that could be happening is that the FLASH for the OS is actually going bad on the phone. There have been a few reported cases where user's 8830s get occasional Java errors like yours and OS reloads don't do anything to clear it up. In the end they end up replacing the phone.
    03-28-08 09:57 PM
    Thanks SUNKAST for the links.
    03-28-08 09:59 PM
    Not trying to hijack anyone's thread, but how can it be over a year when the 8830 hasn't even been released for more than a year? (from what I remember, the earliest the 8830 was released was in April, if not, definately in May on T-Mobile and I don't think Alltel got the 8830 until a month or two later, maybe I'm wrong? Someone check into that please?)
    Last edited by BlackBerry.est08; 03-28-08 at 10:56 PM.
    03-28-08 10:54 PM
    ^^^Good catch. I guess everyone just forgot when it came out. I got mine right when it came out in May, so the thing should definatly still be under warranty. At best someone might have been able to get it early May or late April if they got the corporate hook-up. Wait.... he's with Alltel, when did they get it? Wasn't it after VZW?
    03-29-08 12:00 AM
    You may want to save yourself the trouble and use your insurance to replace it. With VZW ours is 50 bucks to replace. If you deal with rim, you will not get a replacement and you will be out of a Berry for at least 2 weeks. I'm speaking from experience. Just pay the little deductable and get a brand new one. It's much easier than contacting Rim.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-08 09:55 AM
    Thats what he told me about the age. Should I call RIM and see if they can do anything for me even though I am not the original owner?
    Why don't you call or go by Alltel?!?!?!? They can pull the ESN and see immediatly if it's under warranty. Play dumb, don't tell them you did anything with the OS loads. Just say you woke up this morning and it did this, then show them the screen. Stupid is a stupid gets a free phone. :Forest Gump: It works, the carriers are not that smart, trust me. Even the techs in the back are useless and don't know what or how to easily fix this error.
    03-29-08 10:09 AM
    Definitley try talking to Alltel. I have had an 8830 replaced once through Verizon, because their was a "problem" with the trackball, AND their was a humongous scratch across the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-08 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD