I posted this earlier in the Verizon forum, but thought I'd come over here to see if any other 8830 users have experienced something similar...thanks for any help you have to offer!

I'm looking for a little advice. My 8830 WE seems to be on the fritz. Twice in the past week I've grabbed my phone only to realize it's shut down, left with a white screen that says "Error." I took it to the Verizon store yesterday -- they told me to call customer service and do a software upgrade. Customer service informed me I couldn't do this because I use PocketMac, so the woman offered to send me new phone parts (for $50). She also told me I'm eligible for my "new every 2" upgrade on 02/16, and my contract ends 06/18. I decided to skip the new 8830 parts and wait for either February or June.
    This is where you all come in... what would you do? If I stay on Verizon, I feel like I'll be "upgrading" to a phone that is soon to be behind the times: classic curve or pearl. I appreciate the storm, but it's just not for me. The other option is to ride it out until June, and switch over to the land of the iPhone. What do you all think would be the smartest move?
    01-20-09 03:07 PM
    You can reload your OS; you just need a friend with a PC. That will probably solve your immediate problem. If you want to stay with Verizon, there likely will be other options by next summer / fall besides the Curve and Pearl and Storm.
    01-20-09 03:25 PM
    Also, please use a descriptive title when posting.
    01-20-09 03:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD