I've been using 8800 for 2 years now. I have the setting on keeping emails for 3 months - and have no problem till now.

This morning - All my email disappeared. Then again in the afternoon. Then again tonight. Is there some kind of setting that is rolling out and deleting emails?

HELP please

lesjef
    10-09-09 10:15 PM
    This sounds like a memory problem. How much memory left do you have?

How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ
    Last edited by david9962000; 10-10-09 at 09:20 AM.
    10-10-09 09:18 AM
    They link posted by previous response ....locks up my PC when I select it. So I can't get to the instructions. Any other links to help me find out why my BB keeps deleting my emails?
    10-10-09 11:01 PM
    Are you refering to BIS emails or your other emails on your BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 11:16 PM
    I think "other" emails - the email service from my company's email server. I'm not sure what "BIS" - but am assuming that is some kind of Blackberry service - but my email is corporate. All my emails are available on my email server - but 3 times now - emails were "auto deleted" from my blackberry - even though I have the setting to save for 2 months and I don't have automatic reconcile set to operate.
    10-15-09 02:20 PM
    It sounds like you're bleeding memory. Install any new apps lately?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-09 02:26 PM
    I've been using 8800 for 2 years now. I have the setting on keeping emails for 3 months - and have no problem till now.

This morning - All my email disappeared. Then again in the afternoon. Then again tonight. Is there some kind of setting that is rolling out and deleting emails?

HELP please

lesjef
    I highly recommend reading the BB101 Lecture Series. This is all pretty basic stuff that you should know after running a berry for 2 years.

How often do you clean your logs? Messages, call, event, etc? How often do you clean your browser cache?

Options>Status>File Free Take that number and convert it to mb and report back. Normally berries have a 10mb threshold when it starts to delete messages because of lack of memory. How often are you doing battery pulls?

As you can see there is lots of more information we need from you, along with what other apps you have installed that could be causing leaks or if you are running programs constantly in the background.

Again, please take the time to read the BB101 Lecture Series and you may want to also look at the Increase File Free thread in my sig.
    10-15-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD