Wow - my first EVER post to such a website. I'm cautiously optimistic!!

I've been using my BB 8830 for 2 months and have been synching it with Outlook on my PC. Now my company has switched to a hosted Exchange server and the admin set my BB up to synch with it for emails (rather than through the POP server as before). Now I can't synch my calendar and contacts from my PC. I'm going to use a SUBSET of my calendar as the public calendar on Exchange, but really want my WHOLE calendar and address book on my BB. Any way to synch email with one service (via the air) and synch the calendar/address book with Outlook (via a cord to my PC)? PLEASE? PRETTY PLEASE? With sugar on top???
    04-08-08 02:37 AM
    What you need to do is go on your calendar and click the BB button , option and wireless sync turn it to NO. Thats it . Do the same thing for your adress book.
    04-08-08 07:07 AM
    WOW!!! IT WORKED!!! OK - now I fear I'll be a frequent visitor here. I can't thank you enough. I was enormously stressed about this yesterday and feel a huge weight has been lifted. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-08-08 10:16 AM
    WOW!!! IT WORKED!!! OK - now I fear I'll be a frequent visitor here. I can't thank you enough. I was enormously stressed about this yesterday and feel a huge weight has been lifted. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

But unless I'm missing something, now you're not synching your blackberry calendar to the public calendar on Exchange. Is that what you want? What if a coworker puts a meeting on the public calendar? How will you know about it? That may be an non-issue, depending on how your office works. You just need to be aware of it.
    04-08-08 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD