Ok - I have reached my frustration level. I have searched the forums but all related issues point to low memory or leaking memory which I don't feel that I have.

My emails are disappearing on a daily basis. I have deleted all unwanted apps as suggested in previos forums (languages, sample videos, etc.) I have not added any new apps to date. I have done several battery pulls. My emails were set to save for thirty days but I have since set to save forever. I typically only have 4 - 5 emails at any given time. I am really good at deleting them as they come in. My memory currently reads 20903198 bytes.

The emails will save for one day but the next morning as soon as a new email comes in the previous day emails all disappear.

99% of the time issues are user related so someone PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME. What am I doing wrong?
    03-11-08 09:26 AM
    BIS or BES? Also, do you have your emails set in Message Options to only hold for one day?
    03-11-08 09:57 AM
    BIS
    After having the save setting to 30 days with no luck I changed it over the weekend to "Forever" but still no luck.
    03-11-08 10:08 AM
    They should not be deleting at that memory file free... however, I have seen SMS and call logs delete on a device with 22-24mb file free, as well.

I would recommend doing a battery pull reboot (while powered on) and watch it over the next few days.

Do you use BBMessenger much, or any?
    03-11-08 10:13 AM
    I keep doing battery pulls but it is not working.

I have never used BBMessenger. In fact I haven't even sent a text message on this thing. I make/recevie calls and receive/send emails for work. I agree I should not be having this issue but I'm at a loss.
    03-11-08 10:21 AM
    ok, let me ask other Qs.

What/who is your email provider?
    Do you also have webmail service with them (where you can view the same email on your PC)?
    Does this same email come to Outlook on a PC?
    03-11-08 10:23 AM
    Email provider is a local carrier - allconet

Yes I can view my email on my PC and yes it is pulled down to Outlook. Just in case you are wondering I have not deleted the emails on my PC. The emails that have disappeared on my BB are still on my PC in Outlook and they have not been moved/filed to any other folder.
    03-11-08 10:28 AM
    In that case the emails are reconciled as deleted when Outlooks pulls them off the Inbox on the POP3 server. You can turn off wireless reconcile if you don't want it to delete them, but you'll have to do the housekeeping on your own then. What doesn't make sense is that part of BIS is not supposed to be out yet. Two way wireless reconcile was supposed to be released on the next release of BIS services and to my knowledge it's not out yet.... maybe I'm wrong.
    03-11-08 10:31 AM
    That is what I was getting to.. but I bet Outlook may be deleting the mail from your email server, thusly telling your BB it has been deleted and it is reconciling.

AND, delete reconciles on BIS from server to BB can be slow... it is not always instant, which is why I bet you are seeing the differences in the morning, after some time has passed.
    03-11-08 10:34 AM
    I too am having the same problem. Only have had this phone for a week. All texts and emails are deleted every morning yet my setting is set at keep them forever. So frustrated!! Miss some texts that were sent while I was sleeping but I didn't get them because they were deleted by the morning!!!!
    03-11-08 10:36 AM
    OK - so how do I turn off the wireless reconcile and what exactly is that going to do? Or rather what will I have to do now? Will I still get my emails?
    03-11-08 10:41 AM
    @ somuchfuninthesun... your's is likely the memory issue.
    Why is my BlackBerry losing its call logs or message logs? - BlackBerryFAQ.com

Back on topic...
    You will get your emails this way, but deletes from your BB will not delete to your email server, and "hopefully" deletes from your email server will not reconcile and delete on your BB.

Another setting would be in Outlook... "Leave messages on server" IF you have a large mailbox on your server to leave messages there.
    03-11-08 10:45 AM
    Great - how do I turn off the wireless reconcile and if needed how do I "Leave messages on server" in Outlook....I can't find either option. I'm not sure how large the mailbox is on the server so I'll use that as my backup option but instructions for both options would be helpful.
    03-11-08 11:05 AM
    I would not do both, at the same time, then you will not know WHICH is controlling the issue.

1. Messages > Options > Email Renconciliation > Wireless Reconcile = OFF.

2. Leave Messages on server, read this FAQ and do what it says.
    Some email comes to my BB and some does not - BlackBerryFAQ.com
    03-11-08 11:12 AM
    Starting with the Wireless Reconcile to off. I'll let you know if this works.

THANKS!!!
    Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
    03-11-08 11:16 AM
    cool... update us. (I know that one will work, I wish you'd start the other one first, lol).
    03-11-08 11:20 AM
    As you wish - I'll start with the server. I don't care as long as something works. Be in touch in a couple of days with the results.

Have a wonderful day all!!
    03-11-08 11:26 AM
    Thanks! Memory is fine. It was a "theme" issue. I think... will fill you in if it isn't.
    03-11-08 01:03 PM
    I set Outlook to leave a copy of messages on the server and what do you know....worked like a charm. All of my emails from yesterday and today are still on my BB. Incredible!!

Thanks so much for your help. I greatly appreciate it.

Have a wonderful afternoon.
    03-12-08 01:22 PM
    Excellent, thanks for the update.

Good luck!
    03-12-08 01:24 PM
    I have the same issue, was doing a search and stumbled here. I am running Exchange and BES, and I can tell you that in my opinion that has nothing to do with the issue. We have multiple 8830/Outlook/Exchange/BES users and no one else is having the problem, and I'm not techie, but I doubt my sms messages are passing through the Exchange/Outlook systems, so 'deleting from server' certainly isn't the issue.

But Email and SMS received this morning are vaporized. SMS gone forever, Email still sitting in my Outlook inbox (Including the Outlook Web Client, which to my knowledge has nothing to do with server synch, is a direct read by the web client to the Exchange server).

While I'm typing this I send an sms to my daughter. Then I get the jingle she's replied. Original send has vaporized in those few minutes.

It's a phone setting, in my humble opinion.

Edit: After searching more, I am thinking memory leak, at least in my case. I found another message that states Verizon is aware of the issue (my carrier, not my choice), so I'm hanging my hat there and will 'reboot' my phone daily.
    Last edited by mikeocpa; 03-13-08 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Additional info
    03-13-08 12:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD