I use my personal email account on my phone but it seems like lately, I am not receiving my emails. I think it has to do with the fact that I am using an email account that is always left open. I have it up on my computer and never shut it down. If it is open, I don't get the email on my phone.
    Is there a way to get my emails on both my phone and my home computer?
    I check my email daily on my desktop, but I am normally out with my phone and would really like to get my email earlier then when checking my computer.

Thanks for your help.
    12-24-07 12:28 AM
    Can you do forwarding rulle in your email client so it sends copy of your email to your phone.
    12-24-07 12:51 AM
    It really depends on the type of email. If it's a Yahoo, Hotmail or GMail account, you should still get it on your BlackBerry...

If it's a traditional POP3 account, then you won't IF you have your Outlook / Email client set to download emails...
    12-24-07 07:41 AM
    Thanks for the help! That was the problem. When I shut my email down at night or during the day and someone sends me an email, I receive it on my phone!

Thanks agian.
    12-25-07 09:35 PM
    Sorry, I don't understand that answer below... where is that "Clinet", how can we change it ? Ummm - what is a "Client" in this sense ...
    Thank you for the clarifications.

If it's a traditional POP3 account, then you won't IF you have your Outlook / Email client set to download emails...[/QUOTE]
    12-25-07 10:54 PM
    Programs that are used to download emails are called 'clients'. Example:

Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003 & 2007
    Outlook Express
    Thunderbird
    Eudora, and whatever the MAC one is called (can't remember right now)...
    12-26-07 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD