I have searched and can't find an answer to the following problem. Sometimes I would like to send myself a reminder email or forward an email from my PC to my 8830. Nothing ever is received by my BB from my PC. Any ideas why? I have tried using my wife or kids addresses to send things as well and nothing shows up on my BB if it has been sent from my PC. I can send from my BB to my PC.
    12-28-08 08:12 AM
    Do you have any filters in place?
    How did you set up your email, did you use the on device setup or did you log in via BlackBerry Internet Service ?
    12-28-08 08:17 AM
    Do you have any filters in place?
    How did you set up your email, did you use the on device setup or did you log in via BlackBerry Internet Service ?
    I don't think I have any filters. I can't seem to find them and don't remember setting any up.
    I set up my email by using the device set up.
    12-28-08 08:28 AM
    Anyone have any ideas? This drives me nuts!
    01-01-09 11:30 AM
    Anyone have any ideas? This drives me nuts!
    What kind of email account are you using? I.E. @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com
    01-01-09 11:45 AM
    What kind of email account are you using? I.E. @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com
    Account is @verizon.net
    01-01-09 12:04 PM
    You can use a free blackberry account as well as your Verizon and even have it forwarded. 1st you must go to mail account on you're BB and set-up a account.
    01-01-09 03:53 PM
    Account is @verizon.net
    I guess I should have asked this earlier. Are you getting any of your emails on your phone? I am presuming that you have set up your BIS account to get emails on the phone.
    01-01-09 04:18 PM
    I had a similar problem.
    If you're not getting any of your e-mails, check your firewall settings [Options, Security Options and Firewall]

Somehow my firewall was enabled and blocking everything.

JC
    01-02-09 12:18 PM
    I guess I should have asked this earlier. Are you getting any of your emails on your phone? I am presuming that you have set up your BIS account to get emails on the phone.
    Yes I get emails. I just don't get any emails that I send from my PC to my BB.
    01-02-09 02:22 PM
    I had a similar problem.
    If you're not getting any of your e-mails, check your firewall settings [Options, Security Options and Firewall]

Somehow my firewall was enabled and blocking everything.

JC
    My firewalls are disabled.
    01-02-09 02:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD