I've been searching the posts for half an hour and can't find anyone in the same situation as me.

The email I use with my 8830 is my university-provided address, and they require us to change the password once per semester. I just changed mine and my blackberry told me I needed to update my info before I could receive any more email. I tried to edit my password under email settings, I tried to validate it, but each time it said 'there is a problem configuring this email.' I swear I put in the right password! I tried deleting my email account and starting it up fresh, but it STILL won't configure it! I went through ALL the screens in the email settings browser, each time getting error messages. I honestly cannot find any information on the web about what to do. Would sending service books help? I don't remember how to do that. I'm at the end of my rope here. Thanks for ANY help.
    02-02-09 02:31 PM
    A little more information would be helpful. Are you trying to setup a Outlook Web Access e-mail account? A normal web e-mail account, pop3 account, etc...?

I've been searching the posts for half an hour and can't find anyone in the same situation as me.

The email I use with my 8830 is my university-provided address, and they require us to change the password once per semester. I just changed mine and my blackberry told me I needed to update my info before I could receive any more email. I tried to edit my password under email settings, I tried to validate it, but each time it said 'there is a problem configuring this email.' I swear I put in the right password! I tried deleting my email account and starting it up fresh, but it STILL won't configure it! I went through ALL the screens in the email settings browser, each time getting error messages. I honestly cannot find any information on the web about what to do. Would sending service books help? I don't remember how to do that. I'm at the end of my rope here. Thanks for ANY help.
    02-08-09 02:36 PM
    it's a normal web account from the University of Kansas, standard @ku.edu address they give all students and faculty.
    02-09-09 12:38 PM
    You should take a look at this site and see if it helps
    Adding a Microsoft Outlook work email address

Based on the website https://owa.ku.edu/exchweb/bin/auth/...ange/&reason=0 it looks like your university does use Microsoft Exchange. When setting up the account you would need to be sure you are selecting that you use OWA or outlook web access. The above link should provide you with more information.

If you have anymore questions, let me know.

it's a normal web account from the University of Kansas, standard @ku.edu address they give all students and faculty.
    02-10-09 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD