I think I may have accidentally stumbled on a solution. When I moved an item to a saved items folder out of my inbox, I noticed that the icon next to the message on my BlackBerry 8830 changed from a simple blue envelope to a smaller envelope with a folder behind it. That indicates that the message has been filed--so from here, you need to change the Messages options to HIDE filed messages--that will get 'em out of your inbox list and prevent you from having to delete them on the device.

In the Messages screen, click on the menu button and select Options. Under General Options, scroll down to Hide Filed Messages and select Yes. That should do the trick.

Caveat, though: once a message is filed, even if you use Outlook to drag that item back to your Inbox, it will not appear in your messages list. BlackBerry tech support told me that this is normal (go figure!).
    I cannot tell you how excited I was to see this...but I'm still having the same issue -- if I delete an e-mail from any other location, I still have to manually delete it from my BB. I have every setting accounted for that has been discussed in these threads -- hiding filed messages, letting the service win conflicts, waiting 15 minutes to give it ample time to synch, downloading the latest service books -- none of these have worked.

I have also noticed that my "Reconcile Now" does not work at all. If I have messages in my Hotmail account and Reconcile, they do not download to the BB. BB seems to be downloading the new messages on it's own schedule.

I am trying to synch up Hotmail, and my service provider is T-Mobile. One thing I find strange is that when setting up the hotmail account, I have to go through some kind of T-Mobile web interface to do so.

Does anybody else have the T-Mobile/Hotmail setup, and are you having problems with reconciling?

I'm growing to love my BB, and this is really the last hurdle I have. Help!!
    11-01-08 11:28 AM
    Do you subscribe to Hotmail Plus (the paid premium subscriber service)? Or are you using the free account? As I understand it, the free service does not support push mail, which you would need in order to do what you want.

Alternatively, you can always switch to Gmail if you want a free service that supports push mail.
    11-03-08 08:31 AM
    I am grand-fathered into the Premium Service, I double checked on that. I do seem to be the only one having this problem, but I just can't for the life of me figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    11-03-08 09:20 AM
    I did read on various forums that T-Mobile wasn't supported with Windows Live Hotmail--some kind of licensing issue, I believe. Those posts were from last year, though, so I don't know how valid that assumption is anymore.

I did, however, find this procedure you could try:

1.Sign in to MyT-Mobile.com and click on �Communication Tools.�

2. Scroll down to the Email section and click �learn more.�

3. Locate the blackberry section and click �Set up BlackBerry e-mail�

4. Go to the �Add An Existing Email Account� section and click �Setup Account�

5. Enter your hotmail email address and password.

This, however, sets up e-mail forwarding from Hotmail to your BB--and if that's what you've been doing, then it makes sense that you can't manage your mailbox from the BB or vice versa. Forwarding only forwards a copy of your messages instead of an actual push, which syncs the actual mail folders.
    11-03-08 10:27 AM
    Thanks for the help. I had already set up my account through T-Mobile, and was unaware that it was forwarding only, but at least that explains what is going on. It is strange, however, that I can still delete the forwarded messages from both my BB & Hotmail, if I delete them from the BB first.

This is starting to sound like one of those features that the folks at T-Mobile probably aren't too worried about making any adjustments to.
    11-04-08 08:56 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD