I agree. PIBB is da bomb. What I love is that Alex really listens to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 09:28 PM
    Who is Alex?
    03-04-09 08:30 AM
    The CEO of web-is (maker of PIBB) and developer of PIBB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 09:09 AM
    Is there anyway to send Alex any suggestions? For instance, in order to type in an appt you have to push buttons to get to the appt screen and save when you choose the category, then save when you want to back out of the appt. altogether. One nice thing would be to be able to highlight the time in the day view and just begin typing on that line with the option to select the category right there without clicking back and saving so much. Just a suggestion.
    03-08-09 07:23 AM
    I just did a search, and found some guy that came up with a work around. Not sure if you'll like it, but it's worth a try. Here's what he says " I found that you can assign different colors to the send using email address. It is in the top of the appointment screen. I created a new email address, showingapartments@ then added it to my BIS. Then went on the BB under calendar options and changed the color to green. Now I assign my showings to that address and it shows green on the calendar. My personal appointments are assignd to a different email address and show as blue. I use the week view and at a quick glance you can see the different apponiment types by color. "

When the calendar is open - click the menu button and scroll down to "Select Calender". If you have more than one e-mail account you can pick the calender for that account ie., your work e-mail and your personal e-mail. you cam then view edit, or add all of the the appointments for that account.

You can then switch between calenders or go back to "View All Calenders".

David
    03-08-09 10:33 AM
    Can you download the trial of pocket informant from the blackberry or does it need to be done through desktop manager as well?
    03-10-09 03:14 PM
    You should be able to do either if I'm not mistaken. Although, I would recommend saving it to your computer. If your BB goes nuts and you have to reload stuff it is good to have. I always like to have a backup of my programs. Just in case.
    03-11-09 07:49 AM
    Actually, yes you can in Pocket Informant... Click the Blackberry button, then Options, then Events, then Month View, look for "Show in Calendar" and change it from Dates Only to Category Icons. You have to then assign Categories to your calendar items, like "Business Meetings" or something. then click that category item and assign an icon and/or a color...

Simple, right?
    03-11-09 08:49 AM
    Actually, yes you can in Pocket Informant... Click the Blackberry button, then Options, then Events, then Month View, look for "Show in Calendar" and change it from Dates Only to Category Icons. You have to then assign Categories to your calendar items, like "Business Meetings" or something. then click that category item and assign an icon and/or a color...

Simple, right?
    Are you still using Pocket Informant and, if you are, how is it working for you? I'm a newbie with a Blackberry Tour and loathe the calendar, as I'm used to a Palm T/X. Categories are very important for me; believe it or not, I assign each of my 4 kids a color so it's easy to differentiate their schedules from mine. Is Pocket Informant the answer?
    08-10-09 10:58 PM
    Yep, PocketInfomant seems to be the best choice - good application.

Maybe I am missing the obvious, but the category colours do not show up in my monthly overview. They work perfectly for weekly view though.
    08-13-09 01:47 AM
    Something interesting on this front!

Agendus for BlackBerry - Features in Detail
    08-21-09 08:22 AM
    I'm new to BB and somewhat of a newbie. I loved the flexibility of my Palm E2 calendar. I also color coded schedules and then printed only personal items for my home life/kids. Can I do that with PI? I've just downloaded the trial, but can't seem to find where (if) I can print the month view from my desktop with only certain categories printing. Anyone?

Thanks,
    Jeanne
    08-23-09 11:48 PM
    Anyone have any ideas? I'm still struggling with my curve. Even if I put everything in one calendar and use the categories to color code...it doesn't show up in month view on the BB except for a tiny dot I can't decipher. Also, in print view which I use for my kids to see....not everything prints in the block and there isn't a compact way to print the "extra" appointments. So disappointed with this device. Can anyone help to change my mind??? Thanks!!

Also, swapnil....you can get category colors to show in month view on PI. See explanation right above your post from Camerams. The colors show up on the BB in month view so you can see ata glance what days are open or busy. It's a wonderful thing!!! Still wondering about the rest of the program...ie. print month view, etc.

Looking forward to learning from the experts!!
    Last edited by itsonlymejc; 08-31-09 at 03:44 PM. Reason: track replies
    08-31-09 03:35 PM
    I have been asking for a color coded month view based on Outlook categories for nearly 3 years and no one has come up with a solution for this request. Not RIM and not 1 of the aftermarket software companies. What is the deal? Is it a hard request? Not only that, trying to find a contact at RIM that can actually do something is nearly impossible. When you contact their corporate office, they will tell you that you need to contact your service provider. Then when you contact your service provider, they tell you they have no control over the software provided with the Blackberry. It's very frustrating. And for most of the work arounds that people have to offer here, none of them address the topic that is first discussed...color coding in the MONTH view. Not the Week view, not the day view, not the color of an actual appointment or task, not the calendar color. The MONTH view! Agendus, Calendar Pro, Pocket Informant....not one of these programs have an option to color code the month view, color code appointments in the month view, or add icons in the month view. And if you contact any of these software companies, they will tell you that they are working on this feature in coming versions...but they have been saying this for at least the 3 years I have had a Blackberry.

So...if any of you software companies or RIM actually visit this forum, please look at the multiple threads that ask for this very same feature and at least publish something that states "We will not be developing this feature" or "We are developing this feature" or just something that lets us know that at least you are listening to your customers about what is important to them. Honestly I would dump my blackberry and go back to the Palm environment if it weren't for my employers decision to use the Blackberry platform.
    05-10-10 12:11 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD