Just wondering, does Google Maps , constantly use data on the 8800, as it does on non GPS enabled phones, or does it download a whole country map at once? or does the GPS take away the need for downloading all the time?

Just wondering because I only have a 6mb limit on my Blackberry data plan and didint want to start being charged �2 per mb

On my HTC Tytn, it seems to download data every time I zoom or move the map to another location
    Last edited by madds007; 05-31-07 at 03:39 AM.
    05-30-07 08:06 PM
    ...as far as I know it's data, but hopefully someone else will be along to confirm. This is another reason why I always recommend the 'unlimited package'...
    05-31-07 06:40 AM
    Unfortunately Orange UK don't offer an unlimited Blackberry plan, although they are meant to be launching a unlimited data plan tomorrow, and from what i have been told by them any data plan can be added to my account and they kick in once the 6mb has been used up, so there is hope lol
    05-31-07 07:52 AM
    Unfortunately Orange UK don't offer an unlimited Blackberry plan, although they are meant to be launching a unlimited data plan tomorrow, and from what i have been told by them any data plan can be added to my account and they kick in once the 6mb has been used up, so there is hope lol
    I would double check that as Orange are renowned for not getting things right....
    05-31-07 02:10 PM
    Well it was in the Times newspaper though it is rumoured to be 1/6/07 hopefully thats right but we will see, there is a unlimited off peak plan they have, coz i got it on my normal cell talk plan
    05-31-07 02:51 PM
    Seems next week is the launch, but will wait n see
    06-01-07 05:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD