I downloaded the 5.0 OS onto my 8830 Curve....does that automatically backup the information on the blackberry? If it does how would I retrieve the info. I lost my phone and will be getting a new one but I am not sure if it actually back it up. How would I know? Thanks.
    11-08-09 11:28 PM
    Search for a file on your pc with extension .ipd, it'll contain the date when the back-up was made.
    You can navigate to this file and restore details onto your new device using desktop manager.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-09 11:46 PM
    There is no such thing as an 8830 Curve. You have an 8330. This is in the wrong forum.
    11-13-09 11:35 AM
    There is no such thing as an 8830 Curve. You have an 8330. This is in the wrong forum.
    The problem/resolution is the same for whatever model... Good post.

11-13-09 12:31 PM
    The problem/resolution is the same for whatever model... Good post.

Oh ok. Well, uh...why don't you go ahead and point us all in the direction of where 5.0 is for the 8830. There's a reason why each model has its own forum, and why there's one specifically for general questions about OSs.

11-13-09 12:37 PM
    Oh ok. Well, uh...why don't you go ahead and point us all in the direction of where 5.0 is for the 8830. There's a reason why each model has its own forum, and why there's one specifically for general questions about OSs.

??? Even better post :-)
    The OP simply asked if a back-up was done during an OS install and where/how to find it...
    Oops, it was posted in the wrong forum by mistake.
    Never mind, the answer is the same for all device models.
    Now, unless I've missed something neither the original Q or A had anything to do with a specific OS issue, and why it would make you think I had any idea where 5.0 is for your device lol, so another good post by you, keep it up.
    Mini mods are making this site a nightmare, any reason really to post in this thread BTW??? Put it right at the top of the new posts again, when the OP's question had been answered days ago??? Yeah, so you could lecture someone and feel superior...
    People like this cause more chaos and mess on this site than the odd Q being posted in the wrong forum by far.

11-13-09 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD