My 8830 from Verizon constantly goes silent after about 2 minutes of talking. I have to hang up and call back whomever I am talking to and make the call again. It sucks and it happens at my house and at work. When this goes on, my signal strength is good and I dont know what to do but I cant hold a conversation on this thing. And by the way it's my FOURTH NEW one from VZW and the keep saying its the handset. Anyone else wit this problem???
    08-21-08 08:41 AM
    I had this same problem with att call them and ask to them to do tower update, I asked them to do that for me and that fixed my problem right away
    08-21-08 08:51 AM
    I only drop calls when I'm in a known dead zone (always in the same spot). My coverage is very good elsewhere.
    08-21-08 08:53 AM
    Dial *22899 Send and wait for it to hang up on its own when finished.
    08-21-08 08:58 AM
    I have dialed *22899 so many times that the buttons are worn off!
    08-21-08 10:10 AM
    Yes! I have been dropping calls constantly! I am on my third curve in a 30 day period. I am returning it today - no more. I'll wait til the "bugs" are fixed. It's unacceptable that you pay this kind of money and monthly charges for a Blackberry that cannot funtion properly. I drop calls multiple times a day and it doesn't matter where I am. I also have text messages failing on a regular basis. Never dropped calls with my old 8703e or any of my LG phones. This is apparently a known issue since there were several people in the Verizon store with the same problem the other day. I have worked with the Blackberry techs all month long to no avail. I also tried the *22899 and all that does is reactivate your phone and when you call tech support because you have a problem you get your hand slapped for using *22899. Well that's my two cents.
    08-21-08 10:28 AM
    Mine does this all the time but has not done it since I upgraded to 4.5 I'll be talking to someone and then all of a sudden silence; they can hear me talking but I cannot hear them. Very annoying and Verizon denies that its their service and wants to send me a new phone instead. I'm on my 4th 8830WE and they said if it keeps happening they'll give me a Curve but I may hold out until the Thunder comes out and then try and get it.
    08-21-08 01:30 PM
    No S**T I thought I was the only one or crazy.
    08-21-08 02:26 PM
    It's not just the 8830 - see my post above - it's the 8330 curve as well. I have been having all the same problems. The techs told me that the new OS upgrade would not fix the problem. They said that BB's have a lower signal because they are accessing two networks. Not sure how much I believe that because my 8703e NEVER dropped a call or had any of the other problems.
    08-21-08 02:55 PM
    I believe you I've been dealing with this problem for a YEAR now, I'm pissed, I don't know what to do damn contract and all.
    08-21-08 06:31 PM
    I wonder if turning off data services would alleviate this during calls?
    08-21-08 06:32 PM
    Bummer =8'(
    Dropped messages or self deleting messages seem like a memory problem.
    You've probably tried this but:
    Battery pull to reclaim lost memory.file free memory should be over 12.
    Good luck!!!
    =8')

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-08 06:37 PM
    My 8830 from Verizon constantly goes silent after about 2 minutes of talking. I have to hang up and call back whomever I am talking to and make the call again. It sucks and it happens at my house and at work. When this goes on, my signal strength is good and I dont know what to do but I cant hold a conversation on this thing. And by the way it's my FOURTH NEW one from VZW and the keep saying its the handset. Anyone else wit this problem???
    My AT&T BB drops calls all of the time. However, most of the time I am thankful it did. Keeps me out trouble. Yet, I feel your pain; this always sucks. I thought VZW was the manure when it came to such matters as that. I guess not.
    08-21-08 06:58 PM
    My AT&T BB drops calls all of the time. However, most of the time I am thankful it did. Keeps me out trouble. Yet, I feel your pain; this always sucks. I thought VZW was the manure when it came to such matters as that. I guess not.
    Yeah VZW is the manure,their s**t is so hot I'd like to drop it!

08-21-08 08:52 PM
    Hey everybody this is all I have to say no f***ing GPS and s****y service f***k em!

08-21-08 08:55 PM
    VZW must have s****y backend IT people.

08-21-08 08:56 PM
    It's not really fair to pigenhole backend network services at Verizon for the issue. There are dozens of things that could be causing the issue. A Verizon Service & Repair Center I would assume would be able to run the phone through a network diagnostics test to try and isolate a handet vs. network issue.
    08-21-08 09:08 PM
    Howdy folks,

I've been having this problem too with my VZW Curve. However, it just started happening about a month ago. I got my Curve in May and the dropped calls started in late June/early July. It used to be that I would not drop a call unless it was in a known dead zone. Now, it will just drop calls on GP. Glad to see that I wasn't crazy. Im going to take it by Verizon this weekend to see if they can troubleshoot it for me.
    08-21-08 11:15 PM
    As I said earlier the service and repair center replaced my phone 4 times to try to resolve. This issue.

08-22-08 03:29 PM
    I mainly get dropped calls when im at home, very bad reception!!
    08-22-08 03:31 PM
    I drop calls when I have full service and thats a problem to me.
    08-26-08 01:57 PM
    I didn't have this issue when using 4.2.xxx However, with 4.5.33, I had this exact same issue. After upgrading to .51, this issue is now *knock on wood* gone....so I would really try and make sure you have the latest OS, enough memory before bashing verizon. I'm in no way a fan, but I have seen my wife's AT&T 8800 drop calls left right and center....with VZW, I have had dropped calls where I can count the instances on one hand...i.e. very rarely.
    08-26-08 02:03 PM
    U dont't understand this happens every day at least three times, I have 3 or 4 bars of signal and after about a minute into a conversation, the call goes silent. They can hear me, but I can't hear them. It's been a year now that I have been going through this. VZW replaced my handset FOUR times to try and correct this and no luck.
    08-27-08 08:08 AM
    While were on the subject of Verizon...Has anybody had an issue with not being able to make calls but can recieve them and email, etc works? I was unable to make calls for about an hour yesterday. I pulled the battery etc and was still down. I'm hoping it was Verizon and not my phone.
    08-27-08 08:17 AM
    U dont't understand this happens every day at least three times, I have 3 or 4 bars of signal and after about a minute into a conversation, the call goes silent. They can hear me, but I can't hear them. It's been a year now that I have been going through this. VZW replaced my handset FOUR times to try and correct this and no luck.
    That was exactly what would happen to me too..when was the last time you did a PRL update? and what OS are you running? In any case, you have my sincerest sympathies...when that happens, it sucks...I'm actually on my 3rd 8830 from vzw too...but my issues were more hardware related (trackball stuck, loose USB pin etc)...

While were on the subject of Verizon...Has anybody had an issue with not being able to make calls but can recieve them and email, etc works? I was unable to make calls for about an hour yesterday. I pulled the battery etc and was still down. I'm hoping it was Verizon and not my phone.
    no, didn't have this happen with me.
    08-27-08 10:27 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD