I have just got a second hand 8800 and its very nice bigger screen than my pearl all set up on payg with orange although i may go to tmobile as i heard they were better?? can anyone advise me on that?.

Now the problem.. I put the cable in to charge and great it charged up overnight all full battery lovely job.
    Now i connected it to my pc no windows ding dong or anything, tried on my sons pc all usb ports nothing.
    The port came out when i removed the cable!!! so i am under no illusion as to what the problem is where in the uk can iu get it repaired and how much? I cant open it up to try myself as the screws appear to be rounded!! and i would rather someone who knows about these things did it anyway
    05-29-10 10:35 AM
    Anyone have any ideas where i can get this fixed and how much?
    I'm in the uk
    05-30-10 09:43 AM
    I can't tell you where to get it fix. But you can buy a new USB port for like $5 USD (2.3 quid?) and you can solder it yourself. I believe Blackberryes uses T5 Torqx screwdrivers.
    10-01-10 04:10 AM
    Look on youtube, these are not really tough jobs to do. If you want to get your hands dirty get some parts on ebay, and watch a youtube video on how you fix it. Parts usually come with tools too.
    10-01-10 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD