Hi everyone,
    After installing the application and restarting the BB i tried opening the application an got an error msg:

TringMe:We could not find email subscription.We require email subscription to complete login

I work witn BB 8820 OS 4.5.0.182(306).
    I want to use this machine as a regular cellphone +internet on WiFi only.
    no cellular internet provider.
    Is it possible?
    free calls on WiFi will be a sweet addition to this cellphone!
    Thank you very much
    S
    02-19-11 12:53 PM
    You need at least an email data plan for it to work.

TringMe Product - BlackBerry Mobile VoIP
    This is another great news! TringMe application works even if you do not have internet plan on your Blackberry. All operators offers both Email only or Email+Internet (BIS) plan for Blackberry. Many users does not opt for BIS and only uses Email only plan which is definitely cheaper. The downside of that is that most application will not run on Email only plan. If TringMe's application does not find any data connectivity, it uses Email channel to communicate and enables users to initiate calls even if they do not have internet plan.
    02-19-11 05:56 PM
    Thanks Motorcycle Mama

@snir_y, at this moment we do require email subscription. The key reason behind it was to have automatic signup and login and hence offering the simplest user experience. However, we do reallied now that many of our user does not have email subscription and hence we ill soon have a version to work without email subscription too. Sorry for any inconvenience it might have caused. Please send us an email on support @ tringme . com and we will keep you updated.

For those having email subscription, we have released a new beta which allows enhanced unlimited free calls (peer-to-peer) between TringMe Blackberry users over WiFi/3G. To download, point your blackberry browser to bb.tringme.com

Dave
    02-19-11 10:24 PM
    Thank you both for your reply.
    Is there a way for me to define my gmail or any other free mail to the blackberry?
    What is it that i need to do for this app to work properly?
    Thank you
    S
    02-20-11 02:14 AM
    You need to call you carrier/phone service provider and ask them to add a data plan to your account.
    02-20-11 06:58 AM
    I see.
    Thank you.
    02-20-11 10:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD