(warning: noob BB user)

Just got a BB 8820 and can't figure out how to set up dialing a phone # via the Call Logs. When I go to the Call Logs and highlight a number, I'd like to press the Dial (green phone) button to call that number. However, when I do, it always dials the last number I called, regardless of what phone # I've highlighted.

Sorry if this is a really basic question... I looked around this forum and the 8820 user guide and couldn't figure it out
    11-28-07 10:04 PM
    pressing the green dial button twice will always redial the last number called.

To do what you ask, highlight the number or name you want to call, press the MENU key (left of trackball) and scroll to the call you wish to dial.
    11-28-07 11:31 PM
    thanks for the reply, jsanders.

I actually did what you suggested (sorry wasn't specific about that). When I highlight a name and press the MENU key, I don't see that highlighted phone # but rather the last number I called.

strange. maybe a bug or incorrect configuration?
    11-29-07 08:56 PM
    Did you try a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-07 09:29 PM
    (warning: noob BB user)

Just got a BB 8820 and can't figure out how to set up dialing a phone # via the Call Logs. When I go to the Call Logs and highlight a number, I'd like to press the Dial (green phone) button to call that number. However, when I do, it always dials the last number I called, regardless of what phone # I've highlighted.

Sorry if this is a really basic question... I looked around this forum and the 8820 user guide and couldn't figure it out
    I had this exact same problem with my 8820.
    I tracked back the issue to the Desk Top Manager as I did not have this problem prior to upgrading my Desk Top Manager to the 4.7 version.
    I was able to remedy this by uninstalling the 4.7 Desk Top Manager, and re-installing the 4.5 version. Then I did a Synch and then removed my battery for about 10 minutes.
    With in 15 minutes of powering back on The problem was resolved.
    Now I can just scroll down to an already dialed number and press the call button only one time and I no longer have to go into the menu or address book to make a call.
    06-22-09 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD