hey guys. just a quick question. in appworld, when i go to myworld, it says that i have 7.4MB free of mem space. the problem is that when i connect my blackberry to my mac and open up the desktop manager, when i click on the applications tab it says that i have 28MB free, which makes a lot more sense. the only apps i have installed on here are:
    AIM
    MSN Messenger
    BluffMyCall
    Google Mobile App
    Google Maps
    Opera Mini
    DocumentsToGo

and thats it. The device memory is 64MB so i'm just wondering why I'm getting two different readings. I tried to install some apps on my fone and it said that i didn't have enough memory. Thats when i started deleting like the language packs and i got it to 7.4MB. I just checked my mem again in MyWorld and for some reason its 4.9MB. Anybody know whats going on or any advice? Anything is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
    01-10-10 10:47 PM
    The only number you can trust is your Options / Status / File Free on your device. 25MB is about the best I ever got on my 8830. Even though you don't have a lot of apps installed, if you've never removed the preloaded junk, you're still giving up a lot of memory. The CrackBerry Memory Optimization Procedure that's linked in my sig can really help with that.
    01-11-10 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD