07-06-12 09:46 PM
39 12
tools
    Just remove voice dialing if you don't use it and you'll never have the problem.
    The voice dialer is part of the symptom, but not the cure.

I have chased this to ground and up a tree.

The cause and the cure are now known. Notwithstanding all prior posts, deleting the playlist, accessing the voice dialer, doing a battery pull, changing or formatting the micro sdhc card-all temporary fixes. All transient.

The root cause are corrupted address book and calendar database components.

The cure is to wipe your device, reinstall the operating system, selectively restore databases and restore your address book and calendar ONLY from exported CSV files, NOT from backed up databases.

Here are the steps:
    1. Use Desktop Manager Synchronize facility to run CSV backups of your address book and calendar (see Crackberry instructions at other links); AND from Desktop Manager Main Menu run a full database backup.
    2. Back up 3rd party apps (see Crackberry instructions at other links)
    3. From Blackberry.com, download and install to your computer the latest Carrier/Model specific operating system
    4. Download and install Blackberry Swiss Army Knife (see Crackberry instructions at other links)
    5. Use Blackberry Swiss Army Knife (see Crackberry instructions at other links) to:
    --wipe your system
    --load your Operating System
    --restore 3rd party apps
    6. Use Desktop manager to selectively restore ONLY these database components (see Crackberry instructions at other links):
    --Browser bookmarks
    --Browser Options
    --Phone call log
    --Service Books
    7. Use Desktop Manager Synchronize to synchronize your Address and Calendar CSV files back to your phone.

Voila. Fixed.

Repeat: The cause is corrupted address book and calendar database components.

PS--it's possible in (6) above that you may be able to restore other database components in addition to those listed. If you do, and you don't get database corruptions, it would be good to post here.

What pointed me to the address book as the culprit is that the voice dialer, when it opens, immediately scours the address book. That was the clue, together with the transient fix effected by opening the voice dialer.

And here is how we chased the cause to ground and up a tree:
    --low level wipe and operating system (Sprint 8330 4.5.0.175) install
    --No errors
    --restore 3rd party apps
    --No errors
    --Restore Databases, all, using Desktop Manager
    --ERROR returns. Sigh.
    --low level wipe and operating system install
    --no errors
    --restore 3rd party apps
    --no errors
    --restore (as in -6- above) Browser bookmarks, phone call log, service books etc
    --no errors
    --restore address book and calendar (as in -7- above) from CSV files NOT from databases
    --no errors.

Cheers.
    Last edited by mrmw; 01-24-10 at 02:23 PM.
    01-24-10 02:04 PM
    I did a battery pull and now it works fine, thanks
    03-07-10 01:36 PM
    I just started having the same problem this week. This never used to happen and I have had my 8330 for over a year. For me, it happened after playing a video in an email . . . all notifications stopped, and when I tried to play a ringtone, got the "device media processor busy" & "error playing" messages.
    Pulling the battery while the phone was on (like hitting Ctrl+Alt+Delete on a computer, I guess) it worked fine, until I played another video.
    As someone else has said, this should not happen, and RIM needs to come up with a solution!!!!
    03-15-10 09:06 AM
    I tried the voice dialing fix and it worked great! And you are right, too, about the OS version; I did not have this problem at all until loading the latest upgrade . . .
    Question: if you remove your voice dialing, can you still use the bluetooth voice dialing?
    03-15-10 09:13 AM
    I just signed up looking for a fix to this, I just started having this problem >.> and I listen to my music A LOT.. so this is a inconvenience big time. Any ideas why just all of a sudden the phone would do this? Almost missed work cuz the day it started happening my alarm didnt go off
    03-24-10 06:22 AM
    The voice dialer is part of the symptom, but not the cure.

I have chased this to ground and up a tree.

The cause and the cure are now known. Notwithstanding all prior posts, deleting the playlist, accessing the voice dialer, doing a battery pull, changing or formatting the micro sdhc card-all temporary fixes. All transient.

The root cause are corrupted address book and calendar database components.

The cure is to wipe your device, reinstall the operating system, selectively restore databases and restore your address book and calendar ONLY from exported CSV files, NOT from backed up databases.

Here are the steps:
    1. Use Desktop Manager Synchronize facility to run CSV backups of your address book and calendar (see Crackberry instructions at other links); AND from Desktop Manager Main Menu run a full database backup.
    2. Back up 3rd party apps (see Crackberry instructions at other links)
    3. From Blackberry.com, download and install to your computer the latest Carrier/Model specific operating system
    4. Download and install Blackberry Swiss Army Knife (see Crackberry instructions at other links)
    5. Use Blackberry Swiss Army Knife (see Crackberry instructions at other links) to:
    --wipe your system
    --load your Operating System
    --restore 3rd party apps
    6. Use Desktop manager to selectively restore ONLY these database components (see Crackberry instructions at other links):
    --Browser bookmarks
    --Browser Options
    --Phone call log
    --Service Books
    7. Use Desktop Manager Synchronize to synchronize your Address and Calendar CSV files back to your phone.

Voila. Fixed.

Repeat: The cause is corrupted address book and calendar database components.

PS--it's possible in (6) above that you may be able to restore other database components in addition to those listed. If you do, and you don't get database corruptions, it would be good to post here.

What pointed me to the address book as the culprit is that the voice dialer, when it opens, immediately scours the address book. That was the clue, together with the transient fix effected by opening the voice dialer.

And here is how we chased the cause to ground and up a tree:
    --low level wipe and operating system (Sprint 8330 4.5.0.175) install
    --No errors
    --restore 3rd party apps
    --No errors
    --Restore Databases, all, using Desktop Manager
    --ERROR returns. Sigh.
    --low level wipe and operating system install
    --no errors
    --restore 3rd party apps
    --no errors
    --restore (as in -6- above) Browser bookmarks, phone call log, service books etc
    --no errors
    --restore address book and calendar (as in -7- above) from CSV files NOT from databases
    --no errors.

Cheers.
    So far, so good. *knocks on wood*

This seems to be the only *real* fix for this problem.

I was able to upload a lot of the other databases, I just made sure to leave off the bad ones.

Thanks for posting this...
    04-30-10 11:59 PM
    I have had the problem ever since upgrading my operating system on my Curve 8330 to version 4.5.169 (I think). I downgraded w/o the media card as advised on one forum. Upgraded again without the media card. BB was fine for 4 days and now suddenly no sounds again.

A weird workaround (NOT a solution) is to initialize voice dialing. Let voice dialing initialize then exit. Your sounds should be back. Again, not a solution since it won't stop the problem from happening again at most likely the most inopportune time (i.e. when using your phone as a GPS as I was doing - suddenly no voice).

Hopfully another upgrade will come around soon and fix this...
    05-03-10 08:40 AM
    For me, this error completely killed voice dialing.

I did the fix that was posted. And it does work, however the problem came back after three days of heavy usage of my media player. Before I couldn't get no more than 5 minutes before it starts to act up.

I'm a little leery to try my media player again, don't want to be disappointed. Hopefully the one error popping is not a sign of it coming back! I'll give it a go later...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-10 08:51 PM
    I keep getting this error, "device media processor is busy," when trying to open a MP3 attachment from YouMail. It's just a MP3 attachment, but I am never able to listen to the audio because I get this error. I can't seem to find any info about it. Any ideas?
    I'm getting the same problem when I visit youtube.com also idk if this is a similar problem but I can't record video it keeps saying failed to start recording

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 08:31 PM
    I have had the same problem now for about 2 months...I think it's because i dropped the phone one night... Oh well back to wiping, installing and updating (again)
    08-05-10 09:53 PM
    I had this same problem on my 8830 and I believe the only solution is to free up some app memory. The 8830 was close to full when the problem happened, I deleted some apps and restarted, haven't had the problem since.. I think there just wasn't enough memory for the media player to initialize. You can see if you will experience the problem or not by trying to play any ringtone in the media player.
    08-13-10 12:32 AM
    I did like someone said a few posts back and changed the ringer to tone only and rebooted the phone and fixed it temporarily.

I guess when I get home I can try and fix it using BBSAK but Ive got to download it first. I had no idea I was going to need to learn how to be a computer programmer to use my BB but its becoming apparent the more I read this forum.

Can I just delete voice dailing and remedy this? I dont use it anyway.
    08-20-10 04:34 PM
    just posting
    08-25-10 07:11 PM
    The Home screen, run the application "Voice dialing"

Wait for program activities "Say a command"

Exit the "Voice dialing"

Now, listen to music, video comfortable nah! hi!
    07-06-12 09:46 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD