ok i am new to the balckberry and i downloaded the desktop manager w/ roxio. now i am trying to load ringtones into my device (8800) but it loads into my device memory instead into my sd card. can someone help me out on this please???

Thanx Ed
    Last edited by lambos2k; 05-24-07 at 11:58 AM. Reason: spelling
    05-24-07 11:55 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com!

You must turn the support for mass storage on, on the device then connect it to the pc. If not, it will not see the memory card...

So, options, advanced options, media card...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-07 01:08 PM
    its on i just doubled checked and its on, i cant think of anything else because i used the normal deskop version and i had no problem but know i cant figure out how to get media on the sd card???

Thanx Ed
    05-24-07 01:16 PM
    This morning with my Pearl, I had a similar issue. Once the device is connected to the pc, and the mass storage is on, just double click on My Computer! You'll notice a new drive, probably E or F! That's the memory card on the device...

If that fails, connect the memory card to the adapter that came with it, and then connect it to a pc (laptop that has a SD media card slot) and then add/remove files from the card, and reinsert it into the BlackBerry...
    05-25-07 07:45 AM
    Hello everyone, I am new to this forum. I have downloaded the new software but I am unable to open the media manager and receive numerous error messages from my pc. Anybody has had this problem before? Any advise and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time.
    05-25-07 09:31 AM
    A few people seem to have issues. But, did you uninstall the previous version of Desktop Manager BEFORE installing the new one?

Also, you say you get errors, but, you really need to advise us what they are, and what pc you're using XP / Vista / SP2, etc, etc...
    05-25-07 09:55 AM
    Thank you very much Navilyn. No, I did not uninstall the previous desktop manager. I am running XP SP2, I will try to open the media manager and take note of the various error messages and let you know. Could this be window's related? May be I have to download certain specific updates, even though my pc is pretty much current with all the windows updates. Do you suggest I uninstall the program an try a new fresh installation?

Thank you again very much for your kind assistance.
    05-25-07 10:44 AM
    I suggest uninstalling all versions of Desktop Manager, and then install the latest version...
    05-25-07 10:51 AM
    Ok Navilyn, thank you very very much. I will do that and report on the outcome later.
    05-25-07 11:28 AM
    ok thanx Navilyn!!! i never thought about the adapter lol
    05-25-07 12:56 PM
    Hello Navilyn, I have tried several uninstall/ clean install procedures and the error messages are 2 and always the same, the first:

Microsoft Visual C + Runtime Library

Runtime Error !

c:\Program Files\ Roxio \MediaManager 9\ Media Manager 9.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.

Please contact the Application's support team for more information.

Closing this error window, the second error is displayed:

Microsoft Visual C + Runtime Library

Runtime Error !

R6025

-pure virtual function call

This is as far as I could go. Please, do you have any suggestions?

Thank you again very much for all your assistance.
    05-25-07 06:15 PM
    Hmm, this one sounds beyond me.

But, the last thing I would do:

1. Run a restore of your PC to BEFORE when you first installed the NEW version of Desktop Manager (DM) (START / PROGRAMS / ACCESSORIES / SYSTEM TOOLS / Restore

2. Uninstall the old one (and if you have a registry clean, run it to clear DM from it).

3. Install the new version of DM...
    05-25-07 07:54 PM
    Did you remember to reboot after installing the new version of DM? I forgot to and got errors of my own, then rebooted and all was well.

These look like they may be deeper than that, but having not rebooted is the easiest cause of errors.
    05-26-07 10:45 AM
    I just spent 3 hours on the phone with BlackBerry Support on this issue. It appears there is a real bug in the Roxio application. Just use the prior version of Desktop Manager to get it working as there is no fix for the Roxio software yet. He didn't seem to think a fix was coming in the "near" future as it's third party.
    06-05-07 06:00 PM
    I just spent 3 hours on the phone with BlackBerry Support on this issue. It appears there is a real bug in the Roxio application. Just use the prior version of Desktop Manager to get it working as there is no fix for the Roxio software yet. He didn't seem to think a fix was coming in the "near" future as it's third party.
    So as of right now what is the best way to manage media between PC and blackberry 8830?
    06-07-07 09:46 AM
    Connect the phone to your pc, activate mass storage on the device, and copy and paste to your hearts content...

Notice how I didn't mention Desktop Manager (DM)?
    06-07-07 09:59 AM
    Did anyone ever find a solution to this?

John
    11-29-07 06:20 PM
    Did anyone ever find a solution to this?

John
    The bug still appears to be there. I get the error, whenever I click 'tools' and only then.

I'd love to uninstall the 'Roxio' part of this program, if I could. That company has made a mess of everything it's touched since 2000. This is not shocking news, to me. When they took over EZCDCREATOR, back in 2000, one of the Roxio reps openly admitted, on USENET, that they didn't have anyone that knew JACK about NTFS on their staff. Yet, they purported to support W2K and later XP. Many, many people, complaining about disappearing CD drives, etc...

Roxio is not a company that should be in business. I'm shocked that RIM is even using this crap.

Get a 3rd party solution from somewhere else. You won't be gettin' squat of support from 'Roxio'.
    12-17-07 09:22 PM
    So as of right now what is the best way to manage media between PC and blackberry 8830?
    I am also experiencing problems with the roxio software. I can not find a way to uninstall this. BlackBerry should have had this as an option on the install of desktop.

Does anyone know how to de-install this without uninstalling the Desktop Manager?

Thanks
    12-28-07 04:18 PM
    Connect the phone to your pc, activate mass storage on the device, and copy and paste to your hearts content...

Notice how I didn't mention Desktop Manager (DM)?
    Perfect solution. Thank you. I was having a similar problem with just the Roxio (Crapio) part of the DM. Hey Blackberry, ever heard of Nero. The best by far IMOA.
    01-02-08 11:01 PM
    I get this message when trying to open up Media Manager and browse to my media card. "Please activate Mass Storage Mode on your device."

When I'm on the BB and format the media card it fails.

Not sure what to do.
    01-13-08 12:20 PM
    Hy,I have a problem fith Roxio, says that "can't fiid device" my BlackBerry 7130g is conected to the usb,my PC is recognise it but when I enter in Roxio media manager it's not there,no device conected.I've downloaded all the software from the official site,the desktop manager 4.1; 4.2, 4.3 but still no solution.Please help me.Thank you
    01-20-08 08:36 AM
    Hy,I have a problem fith Roxio, says that "can't fiid device" my BlackBerry 7130g is conected to the usb,my PC is recognise it but when I enter in Roxio media manager it's not there,no device conected.I've downloaded all the software from the official site,the desktop manager 4.1; 4.2, 4.3 but still no solution.Please help me.Thank you
    Triple Post! I answered your question on another thread. Please read the posting guildines. http://forums.crackberry.com/f39/pos...uidelines-113/
    01-20-08 08:50 AM
    I get this message when trying to open up Media Manager and browse to my media card. "Please activate Mass Storage Mode on your device."

When I'm on the BB and format the media card it fails.

Not sure what to do.
    Disconnect your BB from your computer. Options, media card, Mass Storage Mode Support = on; Auto Enable Mass Storage When Connected = Yes.

I don't believe it should ask you to re-format, well it didn't for me.
    01-20-08 08:54 AM
    I had the same problem. Tried it on home computer, then office computer, no luck. Figured it must be phone. Pulled battery, put it back in, and presto! Worked fine. Don't know why I needed to reset, but that worked.
    02-01-08 06:39 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD