I get e-mails via our corporate voice mail that contain .wav files as an attachment and need to figure out how to play these. Any help would be appreciated.
    08-14-07 09:32 AM
    Convert them to mp3. Seriously, how e-mail bandwidth does your company have?!?
    08-14-07 10:03 AM
    How would i do that? I cant even get to the attachment via my bb? As far as e-mail bandwidth it really does not impact the email server at all.
    08-14-07 10:08 AM
    "Can't get to it?" Can you be more specific?

In Desktop Manager, open the Application Loader. Make sure you have a checkmark next to BlackBerry Attachment Service.

I don't know of any media converters that work on the BB itself. My guess is that you'll need to save the attachment to your device, then transfer it to a PC, convert it to mp3, then transfer it back.

Sending voicemails as e-mail attachments is just....redundantly crazy, and using .wav format is so very 1989. Can't you simply call your VM retrieval number from your BlackBerry?

*boggle*
    08-14-07 10:52 AM
    I've been looking for the same solution. I get .wav attachments from both my work voicemail and my home voicemail. I recognize that .wav files are not the most efficient, but I can't change how the attachments are sent, so it's been frustrating that the BlackBerry 8830 couldn't open .wav files. Frustrating no longer:

vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/default.aspx

Just came across that update, which solves the problem. :-)
    08-18-07 05:28 PM
    By the way, I couldn't include the http portion of the link in my previous post because I'm too new a member. Just paste that link in a browser window and it will work.
    08-18-07 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD