I just bought a BB 8820 unlocked, it's made on Hungary and it shows on the screen a battery with a red line crossed, I know what the symbol means BUT the battery is OK, it's the right model C-X2 and I already tried it on a different phone and it's working fine. PLUS, the desktop manager cannot connect to the device,the application loader neater.
    I download the 4.2.2 device software and had the VENDOR file erased too, I start running the "loader" from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. and it loads the JVM and system software but when it is initializing the device I get the connection error and that's it. FROZEN AGAIN. The screen with the crossed battery is the only one I'm able to see.
    I try to replace the USB cable and the soft reset too with no results.
    What can I do, help me please!!!
    Last edited by psydrop; 02-20-10 at 11:59 AM.
    02-19-10 10:30 PM
    i would use desktop manager 4.5 or above. I just got a new 8820 also made in Hungary and had a few probs but they all worked out. I updated the os to 4.5.0.187. Was buggy at first but it works fine now. Goodluck
    02-23-10 09:08 PM
    i would use desktop manager 4.5 or above. I just got a new 8820 also made in Hungary and had a few probs but they all worked out. I updated the os to 4.5.0.187. Was buggy at first but it works fine now. Goodluck
    How did you do it, I have the same software versions and I can't avoid that error? Help PLZ!
    02-24-10 02:30 PM
    You already have os 4.5 running on your berry and desktop manager. I'm sorry but I don't know wht else you can do. What's your phone company? You can ask them to reload an os version on your berry and try again. Sorry mate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 05:34 PM
    Please try it another OS.
    03-06-10 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD