Hello, I have a 8820 V4.2 and am using the latest version of the Desktop Manager, which includes the Roxio Media as a component. This app is abnormally slow when I use it to move even small files or look in directories. Just lethargic. Does anyone else have this problem?
    10-26-08 01:51 PM
    I don't use Media Manager. You can use the Media app on your 8820 to explore the directory in the device memory or Media card, and to move files between device memory and the Media Card, if you have one. Once the files are on the Media Card, you can use Mass Storage Mode to move files between the Media Card and your PC.
    10-26-08 10:43 PM
    What's the "Mass Storage Mode"?

Thanks.
    10-27-08 01:28 PM
    I use the same method as Jeff.

Assuming you have a media card on your BB, go to Options > Media Card. Ensure Media Card Support is on and that Mass Storage Mode is on. Hook your BB up to your pc. The BB should now show as a removable storage device under " my computer" on your pc. Using the pc select the files you wish to move and drop them into the removable storage device ( your bb ). Much easier than Roxio IMO

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 01:37 PM
    I am having the same problem with my 8330. Roxio program is an absolute dog. I thought it might have something to do with me running the Windows 7 beta until I saw this post. Even better, I just realized that it isn't the only way to transfer media files.
    03-08-09 02:37 PM
    The media manager is painfully slow all right. However, having spent the weekend testing various recommended software for converting videos for BB I was surprised to find MM provided the best results with excellent video quality and no A/V sync issues.

So for me it's worth it to deal with the slowness because I couldn't even get Super to convert to that quality (though it's pretty darned good).

Only complaint is that I wish the program could convert the file without having the BB attached. Also batch conversion would be great.

03-09-09 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD