After several months of synching my 8830 WE with Outlook 2003 without issue, I've started having a problem. During the "Reading from Microsoft Outlook Calendar" process, I get a message that Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. This happens every time on "Record 634 of 736 Records", regardless of what date range I set for synching.

It seems obvious that I have a corrupt item on my Outlook calendar, but does anyone know how I can identify the item so that I can delete it?

Thanks.
    07-08-08 01:33 PM
    After several months of synching my 8830 WE with Outlook 2003 without issue, I've started having a problem. During the "Reading from Microsoft Outlook Calendar" process, I get a message that Desktop Manager has encountered a problem and needs to shut down. This happens every time on "Record 634 of 736 Records", regardless of what date range I set for synching.

It seems obvious that I have a corrupt item on my Outlook calendar, but does anyone know how I can identify the item so that I can delete it?

Thanks.
    Do a disk check/repair before going any further:

Step1
    Double-click on My Computer to open the My Computer window.
    Step2
    Select the disk that you want to diagnose and repair.
    Step3
    Choose Properties from the File menu. You should see the Properties window for the drive that you selected.
    Step4
    Choose the Tools tab.
    Step5
    Click the Check Now button under Error Checking Status.
    Step6
    Depending on your version of Windows, choose either "Thorough" or "Scan for and Attempt Recovery of Bad Sectors."
    Step7
    Click on Start.

I doubt that this will fix it but it is the easiest and worth a try.
    Last edited by Sammythebarber; 07-08-08 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Spelling, grammar, diction, lack of coherent thoughts and poor sentence structure
    07-08-08 04:23 PM
    Any chance you are using AVG (Grisoft's anti-virus) and recently upgraded to v8.0? I've found the upgrade is wreaking havoc with both Outlook and my BB email, though I'd never had any issues with it before. Just a thought...
    07-08-08 11:00 PM
    connect your bb with destop manager/backup and restore/advanced/device database/calendar-all/clear

once that is done do back and sync your outlook again
    07-09-08 06:41 AM
    Had the same problem. If there are conflicting appointments in the Outlook calander (2 appointments on the same date and time) the BB sync software stops at that record and crashes.

Resolve the issue by eliminating one of the two appointments in Outlook, then resync.

HH
    07-09-08 01:10 PM
    Thanks sconnii! That worked for me.

I appreciate your help.
    07-09-08 01:14 PM
    connect your bb with destop manager/backup and restore/advanced/device database/calendar-all/clear

once that is done do back and sync your outlook again
    I tried this, but it didn't work for me. Is there some way to identify the corrupt record in Outlook, or anyway to get around this other than uninstalling/reinstalling Outlook and losing all my data???

Thanks.
    07-16-08 05:45 PM

Thanks.
    I'm having this same issue with my work computer except it crashes when processing the address book. I'll have to try the above fix that sconnii mentioned.
    07-16-08 06:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD