Okay, so I was having the same trackball issues that a lot of you were having. The trackball rolled fine, but it became possessed when it came to clicking. Sometimes it wouldn't register a click at all, and other times just the slightest pressure would register multiple clicks. On rare occasions, it would go absolutely nuts and just start clicking on its own like crazy, generally resulting in either a lot of muted phone calls to my wife or a bunch of empty text messages being sent to whomever had last written me.

My first effort was to clean the trackball using the instructions on this website. Nada. So then I bought a new trackball and installed it. Again, no dice. Finally, I took it to a cell phone repair shop. The owner said he had seen this on plenty of Blackberrys and proceeded to disassemble the entire phone, pull some metal flex plates out from under the keyboard and trackball, and clean a bunch of corrosion off of them. After drying it off and blowing the dust out, putting it back together and turning it on, it works like brand new again!

I hope this helps everyone out there that's been having this trackball issue. It's not a repair job I'd try at home, but if you know of a shop that has the right tools, this might be the answer for you.
    03-28-09 06:36 PM
    COOL thanks for giving the fix
    03-28-09 07:50 PM
    Nice Info !!!
    03-31-09 03:39 AM
    My track ball doesn't respond to clicking at all anymore either. The LED beneath it doesn't light up at all, and I suspect that's the problem. Was the LED beneath your trackball the problem as well?

Also, how do I know what cell phone repair places to trust as being able to fix my phone. I don't want it to break completely!
    03-31-09 04:54 PM
    I am having the EXACT same problem and it always clicks on my phonebooks. ive tried the batttery pull and everything. this is going to be my 3rd blackberry this month. where do i trust to get it fixed, i dont want them to break it!
    04-23-09 10:16 PM
    Here is some info if you want to try to take care of it yourself...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/sen...ckball-207926/
    04-23-09 10:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD