I have deleted the actual maps used for the BB map application I think. I have the ICON under applications and I can start the GPS, but there is no map displayed, as once upon a time there was. I think I deleted the "Data Download" under options in BB maps.

I have searched the threads in CB to see if I can restore, but I think I do not see anything about this. I went to blackberry.com and downloaded and still no maps. Tried to use the Desktop Manager ans still lost on how to recover. Can someone help me get my maps back? Thanks.
    07-16-08 08:54 PM
    I have deleted the actual maps used for the BB map application I think. I have the ICON under applications and I can start the GPS, but there is no map displayed, as once upon a time there was. I think I deleted the "Data Download" under options in BB Maps...
    BBMaps doesn't come with preloaded maps. It downloads them as needed from the internet. "Data Downloaded' is not something you can delete. It just reports the amount of data that has been downloaded. Do you still have a data plan? Do you have service? Your GPS will work without service or with the phone radio turned off, but you have to have service with a data connection to download the maps.
    07-17-08 08:15 PM
    Also, BBMaps, does not come with AT&T service. There are some modifications that need to be done in order for it to work.
    07-17-08 08:30 PM
    Yes, I do have a data plan. I was able to use BB maps before. I was comparing BB maps to Google maps on an infrequent basis and just lost the maps one day.

I start up the GPS and do a Find Location and that appears to work fine, except, the map is not displayed. What I don't understand is how it got this way. s it something to do with AT&T or maybe something else? Trying my best.
    07-17-08 11:31 PM
    Have you upgraded or reloaded your OS? As Crucial pointed out, there is an OS mod you have to make to use BBMaps on AT&T. If you've changed your OS, you may have reactivated that block. Here're the steps you need to follow to enable BBMaps on AT&T:

Follow this path
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.2.2.176_P2.5.0.34
    Find the LBS.alx (make a copy of it and leave it there)
    Open it up the orginal
    Type CTRL+F and search for this net_rim_bb_lbs_ribbon.cod

You should see this right above what you just searched for.
    <fileset SystemSize="normal" Colour="True" Java="1.0" _vendorID="~102|124|137|119|162|142|183|147|217|175" series="~8800">

Just delete the 102| highlighted in red above.
    Save the file.

Connect your BB and the Launch the Application Loader and make sure BBMaps is checked and load it up. If that doesn't work just use the OTA download on the www.mobile.blackberry.com site to install it.
    07-18-08 07:31 AM
    Thanks. Unfortunately I have had little time to do this, so I chose to explore wy this could happen. Since I had the Icon and BB maps was working at one time.

Last night I was reading through these threads again for tips. As you suggested I have reloaded the BB maps via ota and believe it or not, that did not work. Still the maps were were missing, only diagonal lines. Satellites always searching, inside and outside house.

I tried to turn on the AT&T Navigator last week and constantly had registration issue as it would never log me in (just want to try this service) no matter how many time I tried. So, last yesterday I decides to delete it. Tried BB maps again not luck.

Did a backup and kept playing. Before going to sleep (while in bed) played more with trying to get the BB maps going. For some strang reason I was thinking that maybe by turning on the wifi might help.

After a few minutes I noticed that the maps were appearing, seeing that I felt confident and left it on the night table for the next morning to see if it would still be there.

Well, in the morning I did see the maps were there and I turned on the GPS and began playing, "find location" and "get directions" and it worked fine.

I have no idea why it began working and I don't think turning on wifi makes for a solution, but for me it's back and I am happy.

Just wanted to share this with you as there are other people that may run into the same and who knows, may just want to keep tinkering and try wifi.

Yes, when I tried again in the morning I turned off WiFi and used strictly the data service. Checked again and working fine.Up

I deleted the "Google Updater" the app that checks if your Google apps are up-to-date as I thought this was a waste.

And lesson learned: backup before installing a new app, after installing a new app, ensure that all other apps are still working. Too much tme was spent on this problem.
    Last edited by gino; 07-27-08 at 11:52 AM. Reason: need to add something I remebered.
    07-27-08 11:41 AM
    Ok here's my problem:

The above named file is not in my directory for os 4.5.0.52. Anyone have a similar issue and can help?
    You can pin me @ 247737ef
    Thanks much

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 12:02 AM
    Also tried to do OTA from mobile blackberry, but it tells me my device is not supported.
    I'm using an 8310 on OS 4.5.0.52.
    Please help!!!!

07-29-08 12:32 AM
    Ok here's my problem:

The above named file is not in my directory for os 4.5.0.52. Anyone have a similar issue and can help?
    You can pin me @ 247737ef
    Thanks much

Also tried to do OTA from mobile blackberry, but it tells me my device is not supported.
    I'm using an 8310 on OS 4.5.0.52.
    Please help!!!!

OS 4.5 BBMaps and higher requires a service book. Editing the LBS.alx will not work for OS 4.5.
    07-29-08 06:32 AM
    I been deleted BB Maps. I use Sprint Navigation instead.

08-05-08 09:53 PM
    anyway to get service books for blackberry maps for 4.5 os?
    08-06-08 10:09 PM
    yes i too would like to know if there is any way to get service books as well
    08-10-08 08:59 PM
    I have accidentally deleted my blackberry maps app and i would like to restore it back... Can someone please tell me how to do it in plain english... I dont get all the technical stuff!! xxxxx
    05-05-11 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD