Whenever I hit the delete button while I'm typing, it deletes the last letter, but also pops up the small mini-menu as if I had also clicked the trackball (which requires you to hit the ESC button to hide). Hitting delete in the application home screen has the same affect as hitting the trackball.
    May or may not be related, the odd time my blackberry will go completely wonky and start acting as if someone is clicking the trackball. It can be sitting there on the desk with no-one touching it and it will start to jump into applications and menu items as if someone keeps hitting the trackball button. This second problem seems to be linked a bit to low battery power, but the earlier problem happens even with full power.
    I have tried rebooting as well as a complete OS upgrade (with the latest release from Bell Mobility.) Any ideas - thank you for any suggestions you have.
    04-25-08 04:50 PM
    If you have already tried a battery pull, as well as reoading the OS, then it would seem that it's a hardware defect. You will have to replace the phone.
    04-25-08 05:01 PM
    Thanks Sunkast
    I took it in to the Bell store and they agreed that it was FUBARed so they are going to exchange it (it's still under warranty)
    04-28-08 10:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD