So i've gotten some outrageous bills recently, and some not so outrageous bills recently.

Lets start with the hardware and software

8830 world edition used to be on the alltel network now its on mts mobility in canada.

Software is uh just the regular blackberry os software

My first few months were 20+mb of data usage and i was sending/receiving text only emails of maybe 2-3 a day thats high end, most days none or one.

Last month i used 3.75mb of data, and all i used was bbm. I did not send nor receive one single email, I also do not have any data using apps like gmail or msn or facebook. Im told specifically by a tech support manager and a sales manager that the bbm does not used data what so ever and that does not add to the charges i currently have.

So what can be using data without me knowing it? MTS seams to think that the phone self updates or looks for updates because its using data all the time. Even while im with them not using the phone and its sitting on the counter its using data and they can track it.

They want me to send it to rim assuming something is wrong with it, yet i bought it second hand and i cant see it being a hardware issues as i've wiped it clean a few times and reinstalled everything from scratch including the last 4.5.0.127.

any tips advice comments laughs? I'm getting quite aggravated tempted to bite the bullet and just go buy a new piece of hardware but thats not a cost effective way of solving this problem.
    02-26-09 01:05 PM
    what apps are you running cuz i have ebuddy and it was sending and receiving all day and night and killing my battery
    02-26-09 08:20 PM
    Can't help very much, but I think that the point of BBM is that it uses data instead of charging for a text message, so that would explain your data use for that small month...

Sure some of the proper experts will come back shortly.

JB
    05-07-09 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD